Ark of the Covenant in America?

What was the true reason for the crusades? Was it because of the Templar's quest to get a hold of the Ark of the Covenant? And if so, what was the Ark of the Covenant? Was it really just a box containing the ten commandments, or was it really a storage container for an extraterrestrial food-dispensing device called "The Manna Machine"? What if this Manna Machine was later referred to as the "Holy Grail"? What if the Holy Grail / Manna Machine was the "Baphomet," an allegedly sinister object in Templar lore?

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Re: Ark of the Covenant in America?

Postby Bob137 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:49 pm

Supposedly they could actually listen and/or speak with God with this device, so that seems to mean also a transmission device, possibly a portal device, it may have had multiple uses, of which the ones wielding it, did not truly understand what it really was, or what all it was capable of. So the story we get of it, is described of just what was recorded down, but does not mean, they actually understood what it really was.
Bob137

Postby mahalla2 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Bob137 wrote:Supposedly they could actually listen and/or speak with God with this device, so that seems to mean also a transmission device, possibly a portal device, it may have had multiple uses, of which the ones wielding it, did not truly understand what it really was, or what all it was capable of. So the story we get of it, is described of just what was recorded down, but does not mean, they actually understood what it really was.

The ancient Hebrews if you remember built the AOC according to Devine instructions so I'm fairly sure they knew all too well what it was capable of, and how it should be used. It seems we are the ones who don't really understand the extent of it's original purpose :?
mahalla2

Postby Moon » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:57 pm

If it was a portal for communication and interdimensional travel, I could see why the builders of the Ark would put harsh rules on it (stating if you touch it, you will die). The makers would not want anyone messing with their very complex machine.

It was also made of gold, which is a great conduit for electricity also, hence the added danger.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby mahalla2 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:27 pm

maxmercury wrote:If it was a portal for communication and interdimensional travel, I could see why the builders of the Ark would put harsh rules on it (stating if you touch it, you will die). The makers would not want anyone messing with their very complex machine.

It was also made of gold, which is a great conduit for electricity also, hence the added danger.

I could better understand Noah's Ark being used as a means of interdimensional travel more than the AOC because when just trying to keep it steady from falling, one Hebrew man was instantly killed - Only the Levite priests were given instruction as to how to carry the AOC. At this point in time, however, it would seem doubtful to me that it has continued to be used for anything (Ethiopians included) because of the fear associated with it's power. And the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the AOC was probably hidden away a very long time ago (by Levite priests) in a remote and secretative place unknown to anyone in this present day and age - just my opinion :).
mahalla2

Postby cRush » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:57 am

maxmercury wrote:If it was a portal for communication and interdimensional travel, I could see why the builders of the Ark would put harsh rules on it (stating if you touch it, you will die). The makers would not want anyone messing with their very complex machine.

If you believe what the Bible has to say about it (which you must if you believe the Ark existed at all), then it was a side-effect of the Ark that killed anyone "unclean" who touched it. There is the story in the Bible where a bystander attempted to assist in stabilizing the Ark when one of the men carrying it began to falter. This bystander was immediately struck dead, even though his intentions were good.

I'm not aware of any historical contexts mentioning interdimensional travel, or anything that could be suggested as a description of this. Can you provide a reference for this?
cRush

Postby Moon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:20 pm

cRush wrote:If you believe what the Bible has to say about it (which you must if you believe the Ark existed at all), then it was a side-effect of the Ark that killed anyone "unclean" who touched it. There is the story in the Bible where a bystander attempted to assist in stabilizing the Ark when one of the men carrying it began to falter. This bystander was immediately struck dead, even though his intentions were good.

I'm not aware of any historical contexts mentioning interdimensional travel, or anything that could be suggested as a description of this. Can you provide a reference for this?

First, one does not have to believe everything the Bible states to accept the idea that the Ark of the Covenant is a real artifact.

Second, the idea that it was used as some sort of communication and/or transdimentional transport system is pure conjecture on many researchers parts. Colin Wilson, David Wood and Laurence Gardner are among the many researchers who have delved into this possibility.

Until the actual Ark is found, one can only speculate if the Ark really did exist and what its true function was.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Buzi-Blu » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:06 am

As you might guess from my avatar I'm in favour of the manna machine theory. Whether the manna machine existed or not is crucial in theorising on the role of the Ark. I do believe that during the Tabernacle and First Temple period that a dangerous object was inside the Holy of Holies but I am more inclined to the view that the Ark was only a box, the dangerous object was Yahweh of Hosts himself - aka the Ancient of Days.

It is notable that all the main characters during the Exodus get facial burns or disfigurements, or killed outright. This gives credibility to some dangerous device indeed being present.

What are people's views on the manna machine? Do most people here generally reject the theory or is it perhaps that information on it is difficult to find these days?
Buzi-Blu

Postby mahalla2 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:10 am

Buzi-Blu wrote:What are people's views on the manna machine? Do most people here generally reject the theory or is it perhaps that information on it is difficult to find these days?

Don't know the general concensus but I think there could have been some type of food delivering machine meant to feed huge masses of people. However, it seems more logical to me that it would have been for the lower classes like servants/slaves and probably not manna (fresh corn?) but perhaps some sort of cooked root/mushy type of food. :?
mahalla2

Postby cRush » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:09 am

maxmercury wrote:
cRush wrote:If you believe what the Bible has to say about it (which you must if you believe the Ark existed at all), then it was a side-effect of the Ark that killed anyone "unclean" who touched it. There is the story in the Bible where a bystander attempted to assist in stabilizing the Ark when one of the men carrying it began to falter. This bystander was immediately struck dead, even though his intentions were good.

First, one does not have to believe everything the Bible states to accept the idea that the Ark of the Covenant is a real artifact.

I have to disagree here. The Ark of the Covenant is introduced historically in the Bible. If you are going to just take from the Bible whatever fits your theory, and disregard the rest, then you have engaged in pseudoscience and must not be concerned with establishing any credible theory.

maxmercury wrote:Second, the idea that it was used as some sort of communication and/or transdimentional transport system is pure conjecture on many researchers parts. Colin Wilson, David Wood and Laurence Gardner are among the many researchers who have delved into this possibility.

Conjecture should be built upon some type of basis. If they have no foundation for this conjecture, why should it even be entertained? Surely, they must reference some work where it is mentioned that the device exhibited such abilities to possess these attributes.

maxmercury wrote:Until the actual Ark is found, one can only speculate if the Ark really did exist and what its true function was.

I never questioned if the Ark actually existed. I merely stated that if you are to believe it exists and are referencing the Bible as evidence, then that means you must believe the historical account about the Ark (specifically) that is provided in the Bible. While the supporting details in the stories surrounding the Ark in the Bible may be purely fictitious, they are also immaterial to establishing what attributes the Ark possessed. But, you can't just pick and choose which parts to take as historically accurate, and which parts not to take as historically accurate. If you believe the Bible is proof of the existence of the artifact, then you need to go ahead and accept the other objectionable claims the Bible makes about the device and it's demonstrated properties - i.e. Anyone who touches the actual box, other than the cleansed and holy priests, would die instantaneously.

It doesn't make sense, for example, for me to read the Timaeus and Critias, deduct that Atlantis must have been a real place, but then completely disregard all the descriptions of Atlantis which Pluto portrays to his audience. Yet, that is exactly what you are saying you can do with the Bible here.
cRush

Postby Moon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:54 pm

I do see your point on regarding the historical accuracy of the Bible. I do think it does have some stories in it that are based on actual events, but the question is which ones? It is good that there are many archeologists who study the Bible to find the ancient cities that are named. The finding of Troy is based on a story of fiction called The Iliad, so one does not have the believe all the content in the story as real.

The persons who wrote the Bible might never have seen the AOC but commented on what they heard about it. Again, not much is known since we have not found it.

I have read many researchers on the subject of the AOC and have yet to make my mind up about what it is or if it existed. But I do like the speculate about it, and that is fun in itself. I do take issue with having to pick sides on this one as too little is known about it. Much of the AAT has dealt with shows looking at specific tales from the Bible and speculating it was extraterrestrials (or angels). While I do like to look for the physical evidence on all things AAT, as I have stated before it is sometimes just fun to speculate about what an artifact was used for.

There are many who take the Bible as the literal word of God, and others who look at it as a book of fables and morality tales. Many who wrote the tales used real locations to make the stories fit the times. This is true with much of modern fiction also.

As you can see there are many different ideas and opinions about the AOC here, and this thread was constructed to relate them in. If it had stated "absolute proof of what the Ark of the Covenant is", then that would be a different story.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby mahalla2 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:28 pm

It is interesting to me that although some historical sites in the America's are known to be older than the pyramids such as Puma Punku, I have never heard of a comparative study researched by historians/archeologists to investigate the possibility of any biblical locations (significant or not) being on the other side of the globe, although King Solomon was suppose to have ruled over a world monarchy. Just seems to me they have never considered studying biblical history in the round so to speak - :?
mahalla2

Postby Bob137 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Most biblical archeologists, and historians, believe the bible is just of the European/Asian/African continents. To them, the Americas did not exist before Christopher Clumbus, so why should they consider the Americas into their belief of how the world was back then, especially since their timelines only go back 5 to 7 thousand years or so. For their to have been any sort of migrations or interactions with people over here, they would have to reconsider their point of view, which is not very likely, that is why the archeologists, and historians, that are considering, and finding that mankind has been in the Americas for a very long time, longer than 5 to 7 thousand years ago, they are usually ignored, or discredited for even thinking such propositions. I must admit though, their is actually one person at the Smithsonian, that is considering just a little bit of some of the information coming out on the Americas of being visited from afar a long time before Christopher Columbus, ( but it is of the Clovis nature), so it is a start.
Bob137

Postby mahalla2 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Bob137 wrote:Most biblical archeologists, and historians, believe the bible is just of the European/Asian/African continents. To them, the Americas did not exist before Christopher Clumbus, so why should they consider the Americas into their belief of how the world was back then, especially since their timelines only go back 5 to 7 thousand years or so. For their to have been any sort of migrations or interactions with people over here, they would have to reconsider their point of view, which is not very likely, that is why the archeologists, and historians, that are considering, and finding that mankind has been in the Americas for a very long time, longer than 5 to 7 thousand years ago, they are usually ignored, or discredited for even thinking such propositions. I must admit though, their is actually one person at the Smithsonian, that is considering just a little bit of some of the information coming out on the Americas of being visited from afar a long time before Christopher Columbus, ( but it is of the Clovis nature), so it is a start.

yes, one person in say, one hundred thousand - I guess that's not too bad plus you and me, that's three people in one hundred thousand (yep, we're making progress!) :lol: thanks Bob!
mahalla2

Postby polarsunrise » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:52 pm

It's in Nova Scotia, in a spot where the booby traps with sea water have made it impossible for anyone to get to it. No one will ever be able to touch it.
polarsunrise

Postby mahalla2 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:57 am

polarsunrise wrote:It's in Nova Scotia, in a spot where the booby traps with sea water have made it impossible for anyone to get to it. No one will ever be able to touch it.

Something is definitely there :shock: but not enough evidence to me to suggest it is the AOC, perhaps time will tell -
mahalla2

Postby Moon » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:34 pm

polarsunrise wrote:It's in Nova Scotia, in a spot where the booby traps with sea water have made it impossible for anyone to get to it. No one will ever be able to touch it.

That is the Oak Island Money Pit and I have also made the Ark one of the possibilities of what is down there.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby mahalla2 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:23 am

Still seems more likely to me that the AOC was ultimately taken back to where it originated by a group of Levite priests or their descendents, but I personally do not rule out somewhere in the America's as being that original location.
mahalla2

Postby Moon » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:12 pm

mahalla2 wrote:Still seems more likely to me that the AOC was ultimately taken back to where it originated by a group of Levite priests or their descendents, but I personally do not rule out somewhere in the America's as being that original location.

The chances of the AOC being in the Money Pit are not very high, but it is always a possibility. I would put the possibility of some of the treasure of the Knights Templar being there before the Ark. I can't wait until they really do start digging again, but I haven't heard anything about any work commencing again.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby mahalla2 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:31 pm

maxmercury wrote:
mahalla2 wrote:Still seems more likely to me that the AOC was ultimately taken back to where it originated by a group of Levite priests or their descendents, but I personally do not rule out somewhere in the America's as being that original location.

The chances of the AOC being in the Money Pit are not very high, but it is always a possibility. I would put the possibility of some of the treasure of the Knights Templar being there before the Ark. I can't wait until they really do start digging again, but I haven't heard anything about any work commencing again.

yes, neither have I - too expensive! Wouldn't it be funny if someone just happened to find the AOC while digging on their own property?
mahalla2

Postby Bob137 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:23 pm

It could be locked away in some Government warehouse, just like in the Indiana Jones movie.
Bob137

Postby mahalla2 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:18 am

Bob137 wrote:It could be locked away in some Government warehouse, just like in the Indiana Jones movie.

yes, or catalogued as other/unknown (non hunter/gatherer) alternative history, and sent into the black hole of a large university's archive vault - who knows?
mahalla2

Previous

Return to Knights Templar / Ark of the Covenant / Holy Grail