Ancient astronaut identification

Discuss anything related to the ANCIENT ALIENS program on the History Channel.

Moderators: siren13, Giorgio Tsoukalos

incogninja

Ancient astronaut identification

Postby incogninja » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:00 am

sky-people_riuo.jpg

Saw this picture on Ancient Aliens and was wondering if anyone had anymore info on it? I know it is from Tikal but thats about it, anyone seen the whole sculpture that this is a part of?

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Re: Ancient astronaut identification

Postby Moon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:19 pm

Please make one post only for the same subject. Members here do check most of the forums and would of responded had they found other pictures like the one you found.

BTW, I did a search and have not find a full picture of that artifact.

thesaint

Postby thesaint » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:42 pm

that image is of a Teotihuacan incensario lid here is a full view and picture of different lids.
Edit: This pdf has more info as well http://www.maya-archaeology.org/FLAAR_R ... la_4MB.pdf
Attachments
TEOTIHUACAN2.jpg
TEOTIHUACAN3.jpg
TEOTIHUACAN.jpg

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Moon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Thank you for that post, the Saint. I looked through much of the Google Images before giving up on a full picture.

incogninja

Postby incogninja » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks TheSaint good lookin out!!

mahalla2

Postby mahalla2 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:48 pm

This image probably depicts an elaborately dressed prisoner of war who is about to be sacrificed :shock: however, the idea for the elaborate astronaut-like garb could have been from a much earlier time -

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Moon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:36 pm

One could say the object in their mouths could be a device used to breath our (the Earth's) air. It could also be a decorative mask, but the reality is we do not know what it is until an actual unit if found.

That would be a great find: An ancient astronaut spacesuit.

mahalla2

Postby mahalla2 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:08 pm

maxmercury wrote:One could say the object in their mouths could be a device used to breath our (the Earth's) air. It could also be a decorative mask, but the reality is we do not know what it is until an actual unit if found.

yes, I absolutely agree - you'd think there would be one somewhere! (antiques roadshow?) :lol:

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Moon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:59 pm

mahalla2 wrote:yes, I absolutely agree - you'd think there would be one somewhere! (antiques roadshow?) :lol:

Egypt is dry enough so a spacesuit would still be relatively intact if found. There are so many places we know of that have not been fully explored that it is possible one could find a spacesuit or two in those places.

I am sure someone kept one as a souvenir and hid or buried it nearby. I know I would of.

mahalla2

Postby mahalla2 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:52 pm

maxmercury wrote: Egypt is dry enough so a spacesuit would still be relatively intact if found. There are so many places we know of that have not been fully explored that it is possible one could find a spacesuit or two in those places. I am sure someone kept one as a souvenir and hid or buried it nearby. I know I would of.

hmmm, more likely an age-old spacesuit has already been found and the local desert people thought it was an inflatable seat cushion of some kind so they placed it on their camel, and well you know the rest of the story... :cry:

Theory

Postby Theory » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:40 pm

maxmercury wrote:One could say the object in their mouths could be a device used to breath our (the Earth's) air. It could also be a decorative mask, but the reality is we do not know what it is until an actual unit if found.

If they need a spacesuit and helmet to be on earth, I don't exactly see them taking it off, so finding a spacesuit would be pretty unlikely. :wink: It would be pretty awesome, though if we did find one!

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Moon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Theory wrote:If they need a spacesuit and helmet to be on earth, I don't exactly see them taking it off, so finding a spacesuit would be pretty unlikely. :wink: It would be pretty awesome, though if we did find one!

That does post a problem in finding a spacesuit. It is possible after the quarantine period passed they would not need the suits and kept them for new arrivals to planet Earth.

incogninja

Postby incogninja » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:46 am

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/incogninja/450px-Quetzalpapalotl_-_Palast_der_gefiederten_Muscheln_-_Blumenreliefs.jpg

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/incogninja/17.jpg

Thanks for the info, I found out that this incensario is related to the quetzalpapalotl diety. Here are some motifs from the temple a Teotihuacan that coincide with this figure.

Return to “ANCIENT ALIENS on the History Channel”