Aliens and Sacred Spaces

Discuss anything related to the ANCIENT ALIENS program on the History Channel.

Moderators: siren13, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Aliens and Sacred Spaces

Postby seeker1117 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:51 am

Tomorrow night's new episode is "Aliens and Sacred Spaces"...blurb from the History Channel site:

"Are sacred places the product of man's reverence for God--or the result of contact with ancient space travelers? Jerusalem's Temple Mount has been called a heavenly gateway. Islam's shrine at Mecca displays a Black Stone believed to have fallen from heaven. And the temple at Baalbek, Lebanon was built on a massive stone structure resembling a landing pad. Did man encounter divine beings at these holy places, or might they have met ancient extraterrestrials? "

This has some real potential as far as subject matter!

Looks like they're showing two re-runs from Season 2 just before (Mysterious Places and Alien Contacts), so it'll be another "mini-marathon" night. Yippee!
seeker1117

Re: Aliens and Sacred Spaces

Postby cRush » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:21 am

I agree! This has potential for sure. Perhaps they didn't have enough content for the whole season's episodes, so they aired the weaker episodes first knowing that the final episodes would be what left lasting impressions in the viewers minds! That could pay off in the end if episodes continue to escalate in good fashion as this one sounds it is going to.
cRush

Postby Moon » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:10 pm

I am looking forward to this episode as it seems to have a lot of new and fresh material going into it. The season looks to be picking up now.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby seeker1117 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Now, THAT's an excellent episode! I'm a happy boy. Most everything in the entire second half was new material to me. Something I'll gladly watch again! The caves in India, the Ethiopian carved-out churches, the Baalbek (sp?) "Landing Pad"...all new information to me, and all of it quite compelling. All in all, I'll give this one a gold star, and will look forward to having it on DVD to watch again!
seeker1117

Postby Bob137 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:03 pm

I knew of this information, but I am very glad they put it on this show. I believe one of those Churches carved out in stone was believed to have been done by the Templars though, (the one that is in the design of a cross), but I do not know if that is correct, it was just another archeologists opinion, no proof of it. I enjoyed this episode, and I am very glad they put it out, for people to learn of this information, especially for the ones who did not know of any of it before.
Bob137

Postby dreamoutloud » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:28 pm

seeker1117 wrote:Now, THAT's an excellent episode! I'm a happy boy. Most everything in the entire second half was new material to me. Something I'll gladly watch again! The caves in India, the Ethiopian carved-out churches, the Baalbek (sp?) "Landing Pad"...all new information to me, and all of it quite compelling. All in all, I'll give this one a gold star, and will look forward to having it on DVD to watch again!

Agreed! The latter half was new to me, as well. Those temples and churches carved out of stone blew my mind. Must be fascinating to see in person, especially on a solstice.

Loved the concept of the landing pad. My gods those blocks were huge! If only I could hop into H.G. Wells' time machine and travel back to see how these large stone structures were made and moved. I know many argue that to attribute it to aliens takes away from the ingenuity of ancient humans, but with all the knowledge of the placement of the stars, as well as the lack of evidence that ancient cultures had advanced tools, it only makes sense to me that aliens either did it all or showed the ancient peoples how to do it with their technology.

And yet my family says I'm nuts! Yet they believe in the Bible... Adam & Eve, the serpent, all that! Why is believing in aliens crazy, but not the Bible? *sigh* (Sorry, had to vent there a moment.)

Excellent episode!!! Can't wait for next week!
dreamoutloud

Postby ClaireFisher » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:09 pm

dreamoutloud wrote:And yet my family says I'm nuts! Yet they believe in the Bible... Adam & Eve, the serpent, all that! Why is believing in aliens crazy, but not the Bible? *sigh* (Sorry, had to vent there a moment.)

The Bible is an excellent resource for the Ancient Astronaut Theory. If it weren't for the Bible, EVD and Zecheria Sitchin may never have been inspired to figure all of this out for us. :wink:

I'm so happy they had Baalbek on the show......Finally!! I hope they come back to North America sometime this season and do a piece on Chaco Canyon. In my own craziness, I think Chaco may be part of a landing corridor in N. America.
ClaireFisher

Postby marekmav » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:32 pm

There is a place in Egypt called Abu Ghurab, probably most of You know it, but it could be nice if they can show it in AA. Stephen Mehler (egyptologist (actually khemitologist)) said that this could be a place "when Anunnaki came to Earth" and he has no problem whit the age of this place, it could be very very old. This altar? shows exactly real 4 directions NSEW.

marekmav

Postby Bob137 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:43 am

There is a place in Egypt called Abu Ghurab, probably most of You know it, but it could be nice if they can show it in AA. Stephen Mehler (egyptologist (actually khemitologist)) said that this could be a place "when Anunnaki came to Earth" and he has no problem whit the age of this place, it could be very very old. This altar? shows exactly real 4 directions NSEW.

That has been on the History Channel before, just not sure if was an Ancient Aliens show, or another one?
Bob137

Postby mahalla2 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:55 am

maxmercury wrote:I am looking forward to this episode as it seems to have a lot of new and fresh material going into it. The season looks to be picking up now.

I really wish that I could say the same thing but after watching the 3rd new episode, I am now fairly convinced that the writers are just re-hashing old information into new segments (to keep the money flowing and momentum going) so until the series becomes more informative/interesting I will be watching the latest episode of ScoobyDoo with my grand kids instead :)
mahalla2

Postby Barmylad » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Bob137 wrote:

That has been on the History Channel before, just not sure if was an Ancient Aliens show, or another one?

It was shown in "The Pyramid Code" with Dr. Carmen Boulter which is also a fantastic series.

O and I really loved this episode, classic!
Barmylad

Postby Bob137 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Thanks Barmylad, I rememberred the show, not the name of it though. If I remember correctly it was speculated ont hat show for a landing zone also. Personally I think from all the legends, and sotries, and tales from around the world of ancient times, they first came to earth and scared the bejeebee's out of the local populations. Some of them became their Gods, some Angels, some Demons, and they had made or made them with human labor, landing ports for their different types of craft, from original space type vehicles, to landing pods, and they may have also made craft just to fly around and off our planet also. Seems we may again have a chance to speak with these so called Gods, (Ancient Aliens), if the legends/prophecies, tales, and writings are correct, they will come back, and hopefully it will not scare the beejeebee's out of the current population. I know we on here and other sites like this will not have a hard time with it, and numerous others will not, but there is always at least 10% of the population that will believe they are Demons.
Bob137

Postby Space Mutant » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Last night's episode was the bee's knees of the season (thus far). I found the topics fascinating and have been thinking about it nonstop since.
The Buddhist caves and the Baalbek site are all new to me; I hadn't known too much about the church in Ethiopia (I as well had heard about those Templars having something to do with it) and the AAT take on the Temple Mount had me on the edge of my seat. UFO Hunters on the follow up ain't too shabby, either.
I am glad to learn new ideas from this show. I find so many other things trying to assault me with 'knowledge' fail miserably.
Space Mutant

Postby Inquiring Mind » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:44 pm

...Loved it. :)

I had no idea about the Buddhist cave/canyon complex in India. The close-up's and zoom in shots of this location were simply spectacular. Baalbek I was somewhat familiar with already, but I never realized that in it's original design (pre-Heliopolis) it was layed out as some sort of platform construct, as stated by the show-very fascinating. The landing pad hypothesis sounds very plausible. The rock hewn churches in Lalibela were also quite impressive, I had no idea there were eleven of them! Amazing. It's hard to take in and digest all of the info in one sitting, atleast for me. I'll definitely be watching this episode again with my notepad handy.
Inquiring Mind

Postby Bob137 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:15 pm

the Buddhist Cave Canyon in India was also a surprise to me, I new of it, and seen a picture of one small area outside of the caves, but that was the first I had ever seen what is inside them. That is the most fascinating find to me, for them to carve out such spectacular areas and so large, and detailed. In my opinion it would take thousands of years, without some advanced technologies to be able to create such a masterpiece! :shock:
Bob137

Postby Moon » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:11 pm

This is one of the best episodes to be aired so far. I really loved the way they looked at the buildings carved out of solid rock. How did they do that I wonder? I wish they would of looked for evidence of tool use, but we only get an hour episode. Still, this is a great mystery that does need addressing.

The ancient city that is dated to older than 9000 BCE also grabbed my attention. The question that needs to be asked: How did those very ancient peoples move stones that weighed over 100 tons (some over 1000 tons) and place them on top of other stones?

The meteor/relic at Mecca was also very interesting, even though I also heard about it. It is good to look at the AAT through all areas and texts including Islam.

I must say I hated for this episode to end when it did.

After two lackluster episodes, it is good to see the strong Ancient Astronauts I have come to love.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Bob137 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:51 pm

I agree Max, on moving those stones, most academia will probably say they filled the area with sand, and moved them into place, then removed the sand. Which to me, would not be the way I would have done it, or anyone I have ever known in my life time, would not do all that work, for all the money in the world,without heavy equipment, and some other technology to lift them suckers!
Bob137

Postby Moon » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Bob137 wrote:I agree Max, on moving those stones, most academia will probably say they filled the area with sand, and moved them into place, then removed the sand. Which to me, would not be the way I would have done it, or anyone I have ever known in my life time, would not do all that work, for all the money in the world,without heavy equipment, and some other technology to lift them suckers!

That they would, even though they would of needed thousands of people to accomplish the deed. I wonder what the population levels were at during 9000BCE?

To me, the ancient age of the building itself is what needs to be explored. The mainstreamers tell us we were not building monuments and buildings like that until 5000 years ago, and this building is 11,000 years of age or older.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Bob137 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:09 pm

That in itself lends one to believe that our histories of civilization goes a lot farther back, than mainstream cares to admit! I still believe there was an ancient seafarering nation around the world, whether it was Atlantis, or called something else, it seems to still have existed, in spite of what historians claim.
Bob137

Postby ke5ehi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Great episode. I really like how they focused on the actual complexities of construction of some of these sites. However, I do notice that a lot of people reference the "fact" that the stones at Baalbak weigh as much as 1,200 tons and that "even with modern technology" we cannot move these. This is incorrect when taken literally. The Tai Sun crane at the Yantai Shipyard in Yantai, China, can lift 20,000 tons. There are numerous cranes and shipyards that can routinely lift 800-1,000 tons. That being said, I do understand that we did not have these cranes thousands of years ago and that these cranes are not mobile. Just pointing this out :)
ke5ehi

Postby Bob137 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Actually the only thing there is a couple cranes that could lift them, but not transport them, the only things that could transport them, are the space shuttle movers, which are very, very slow moving, then again, to get both the biggest crane, and that mover to do this, would cost in the multi-millions, or billions of dollars, and that just ain't gonna happen, so to me, it is still impossible to do in our time, due to the cost basis. So the statements of that we cannot do this today, is still correct in that way!
Bob137

Postby ke5ehi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Bob137 wrote:Actually the only thing there is a couple cranes that could lift them, but not transport them, the only things that could transport them, are the space shuttle movers, which are very, very slow moving, then again, to get both the biggest crane, and that mover to do this, would cost in the multi-millions, or billions of dollars, and that just ain't gonna happen, so to me, it is still impossible to do in our time, due to the cost basis. So the statements of that we cannot do this today, is still correct in that way!

True, however it can still be done (even though it is extremely unlikely). That would be like saying that you can't be a millionaire because you don't play the lottery and were not born into a successful family. While this is (probably) true, it still does not mean that it is impossible. I think you are looking for "improbable." :wink:
ke5ehi

Postby Bob137 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:25 pm

It would be impossible for the greedy billionaires to spend that kind of money on a project such as that, or even the pyramids, due to their psychotic natures, for greed for more, not spending it only giant projects, that would not bring in billions more. So it is still impossible, not just improbable. Getting a psychotic Billionaire to do anything that will not increase his wealth, is impossible!
Bob137

Postby escotsmith » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:52 am

Hello, everyone. Aliens and Sacred Places was mind blowing. I lived in Israel for several years, and being in Jerusalem, and ascending Temple Mount is beyond surreal. The energy that permeates Jerusalem is unreal. It feels as if the city vibrates at a higher frequency. The energy is definitely augmented once one enters the Temple Mount plaza. The hair will stand up on your arms. The same goes for Mt. Hermon.

But, I have a question to pose: if the Gods of old were actually ETs, and our ancestors misinterpreted what they saw, how does a more transcendent God relate to our human history? For example, the ETs gave man the moral codes about how to live their lives, such as the Ten Commandments. But, what about all the other spiritual aspects of the Bible, especially when looking into the Prophets, like Isaiah. We know that certain people in Hinduism, Judaism, Islam (Rumi), and Christianity have attained a higher state of consciousness within the mystic traditions of these religions. However, are they communicating with ETs during their moments of ecstasy, or are they really communicating with a higher being? And, are the worlds' religions the mirror images of the ETs own religions?

Just curious. . .
escotsmith

Postby Bob137 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:17 am

In regards to a higher state of being, that is a personal experience, anyone can attain, whether religious or not, one just has to follow his own path of learning on spiritual matters to attain it. I know I myself have, as countless others throughout the last few thousand years, and most likely throughout ancient civilizations also, from what I understand. A spiritual experience is a connection with the supreme cosmic consciousness, (or GOD if you prefer), it is not with an ET or EBE, but the GOD Consciousness, or Christ Consciousness as some ascertain. The Christ Consciousness is what is referred to as Gods son, but it is not a person, or individual, it is nto Jesus, it is a spirit consciousness that Jesus received, as have numerous others throughout history, included myself at one time. It is just that since Jesus was wrotten about so much in regards to his life during his experiencing this, then put to death for it, he was first considered a prophet, then after 600 years or so, was then pronounced the actual Son of God by roman Catholics, but he was just another man who had attained the consciousness with God, and he was able to keep it for a much longer period of time than most, so that may make him more of a master of it, as was Buddha, Krishna, Osiris, Mithra, etc.., but that in itself does not make him God incarnate. In regards to the writings of the Bible and other spiritual writings, have you ever heard of automatic writing, it is when a spirit has contact with someone and writes spiritual messages through a person, there is also automatic drawing, which I utilize, there are numerous ways for contact with the spiritual world, the cosmic consciousness, and the Christ Consciousness, and the GOD Consciousness, just seek and you shall find! In regards to the ET's own religious beliefs, from all the early writings of ET's this is how they believed also!
Bob137

Postby seeker1117 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:10 am

In regards to this, Casteneda had an interesting thing to say: Don Juan told him that the "spiritual presence" that makes people feel this sense of "awe" is simply something he called "The Mold Of Man"...not sure if it was the third or fourth book in the series, but the gist of the story was that Casteneda was in his "altered state" from one of Don Juan's blows to his upper back, and saw the shining, brightly lit figure, and felt the need to fall on his knees in front of it in a worshipful manner, feeling as though he was in the presence of something "holy"...Meanwhile, Don Juan and cohorts were standing to the side, laughing their butts off at him, telling him he'd simply seen "the mold of man" for the first time. Think of us as a species being energetically 'injection molded' into a certain (human) form. Like a mold or stamp at a factory. Our energy goes through that mold and we come out "humans".

What I got out of it was this: Don Juan's idea was that we are "luminous eggs" of energy, composed of fibers of energy in an egg-like shape. On this "energy egg" is something called an "assemblage point"...or "focus" point. That point is the point where we (as humans) automatically focus all our attention in order to "assemble" this world of illusion that we cohabit together. Learning to focus on another spot on the "energy egg" was the whole key to his form of "enlightenment" which went beyond any forms of "god energy". In this example, Casteneda had his "assemblage point" bumped just a tiny little bit, and saw the "mold of man". The mystics of all the religions, in Don Juan's thought, are all stuck on their knees, worshipping the "mold of man" and can't get past that point to see what else there is...if they could move their "assemblage points" further, they would see that "the mold of man" is not "God" and would go on to be truly "free" in a spiritual/energetic sense.
seeker1117

Postby Bob137 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:31 am

Actually the mold of man is what is considered as the cosmic consciousness, in which that is what Don Juan was referring to, the GOD , and Christ Consciousness are higher realms with the GOD Consciousness being the Supreme Consciousness which all things come from in existence. The Christ Consciousness is the Spirtual Consciousness, which is from GOD to man, for our understanding and enlightenment of the GOD Consciousness. The Cosmic Consciousness is simply where the Consciousness of mankind resides, yes we live in an illusion, the Cosmic Consciousness is the real world of our existence, and then to ascend back to the original source, of the GOD Consciousness.
Bob137

Postby seeker1117 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:04 am

I guess what I got out of it was that it is simply a stop along the way, not the "end all and be all".

Kinda like Robert Morning Sky's idea that humans who "go into the light" when they die are simply just being stuck back into the re-programming-machine/meatgrinder, so to speak, to be spit back out as a human slave to be used again and again, as long as one "keeps going into the light". What he quipped was that what one should do when one sees that "light" at the end of the tunnel is to do a swift 180-degree turn and see what else is out there...!
seeker1117

Postby Bob137 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:19 am

It is just my opinion from my understanding is that actually you go to whatever level due to your own spiritual development, so it is not a matter of choosing to not go or to go into the light, but developing yourself more spiritually in tune with everything, you will automatically go to a higher realm of existence, and in the realm of reality, it is of your own free choosing, that you choose whether to return or reincarnate to this existence for more development, or whether you have receded to a point of selfishness, and self centeredness and greed and hate that when you depart from this existence you descend rather than ascend, and deal with your character defects that got you to that point in your existence, and make your own choice on where you go from there. As stated this is just my opinion and belief, but it does not mean that is the all in all, I believe there is so much more to learn, than I have learned so far in this lifetime!
Bob137

Postby seeker1117 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:01 am

Indeed! I shoulda put a smiley at the end o'that, maybe? :D
seeker1117

Postby ke5ehi » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:41 am

Am I the only one that noticed that the title of this thread says "Spaces" instead of "Places?"
ke5ehi

Postby Bob137 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:44 am

My mind is a sacred space! Woooah, to much empty space up there!
Bob137

Postby dreamoutloud » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:14 pm

seeker1117 wrote:In regards to this, Casteneda had an interesting thing to say: Don Juan told him that the "spiritual presence" that makes people feel this sense of "awe" is simply something he called "The Mold Of Man"...not sure if it was the third or fourth book in the series, but the gist of the story was that Casteneda was in his "altered state" from one of Don Juan's blows to his upper back, and saw the shining, brightly lit figure, and felt the need to fall on his knees in front of it in a worshipful manner, feeling as though he was in the presence of something "holy"...Meanwhile, Don Juan and cohorts were standing to the side, laughing their butts off at him, telling him he'd simply seen "the mold of man" for the first time. Think of us as a species being energetically 'injection molded' into a certain (human) form. Like a mold or stamp at a factory. Our energy goes through that mold and we come out "humans".

What I got out of it was this: Don Juan's idea was that we are "luminous eggs" of energy, composed of fibers of energy in an egg-like shape. On this "energy egg" is something called an "assemblage point"...or "focus" point. That point is the point where we (as humans) automatically focus all our attention in order to "assemble" this world of illusion that we cohabit together. Learning to focus on another spot on the "energy egg" was the whole key to his form of "enlightenment" which went beyond any forms of "god energy". In this example, Casteneda had his "assemblage point" bumped just a tiny little bit, and saw the "mold of man". The mystics of all the religions, in Don Juan's thought, are all stuck on their knees, worshipping the "mold of man" and can't get past that point to see what else there is...if they could move their "assemblage points" further, they would see that "the mold of man" is not "God" and would go on to be truly "free" in a spiritual/energetic sense.

Just an FYI, but Castaneda made up everything and don Juan wasn't a real person. I'm writing a bio-pic on him. :wink:
dreamoutloud

Postby escotsmith » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:42 am

Thanks everyone for such a lively conversation thread regarding my original question. I liked all the responses, as many of them are in line with the way I think. Thanks for reminding me of Casteneda. I have read many of his books, but forgot the analogy of the cosmic egg. It's a beautiful metaphor. @dreamoutloud, I think we can all agree that the writings of Don Juan were not based in reality, but spiritually they are profound. I never thought for a second Don Juan was real, but I never questioned Casteneda's liberal infusion of various mystic teachings within his parables. He was able to consolidate within his novels some very real truths. Just by reading his parables, he was touching the very fabric of your soul.

So, the religions built around the ET visits are in fact capable of bestowing upon each human the ability to go within and find the Divine Light. Yes? Has anyone wondered if the ETs came in the name of their own particular god? For example, the ET, Yahweh, do you think he told Moses he was the GOD, so he could impart Divine wisdom and impart to humanity his own alien religion, in order to propagate it throughout the universe? That would make the world's religions truly universal.
escotsmith

Postby Dr Z. » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:29 am

I will watch it soon. My dvr has it.
Dr Z.

Next

Return to ANCIENT ALIENS on the History Channel