EvD's new book - Twilight of the Gods

Discuss everything Erich von Däniken related here: Chariots of the Gods, his books, appearances, etc. Have you ever met EvD in person? When? Where? Share your story/photos here!

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

EvD's new book - Twilight of the Gods

Postby Gemini » Tue May 25, 2010 11:57 am

EvD has a new book coming out - 'Twilight of the Gods'
Last edited by Gemini on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Gemini

Twilight of the Gods

Postby Gemini » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:17 am

Finished reading Twilight of the Gods.

Has good stuff on Puma Punku and Tiwanaku.

He discusses theories which you may or may not be familiar with.

Is 2012 the correct end date year for the Mayan long count calendar?
Last edited by Gemini on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gemini

Postby Stormcrow » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:30 am

I just spoke with Giorgio's new assistant. Twilight of the Gods will be available very soon from Legendary Times Bookstore. I am very anxious to read it but will not be buying my copy "from the jungle" I hope that everyone feels the same way I do to support the Legendary Times whenever possible.

Gemini, I am envious you have it already, but I won't hold it against you...:D I'm just glad there is a new book out.

Not sure why there wasn't a preorder available like his last book, but I am assured that it will be listed soon.

-Jeff
Forge of Creation - http://www.aliengods.jbsheets.com

The art of life is to go confidently, without
rushing, without faltering. To meet and
master the four natural challenges:
Fear, Clarity of Thought, Power, and the
Desire to Rest.
Stormcrow
Manna Machine Initiate

calendar vs computer circuit

Postby amyrigg » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:33 am

i think the pix on pgs 50, 62, 67, and 69 in Twilight of the Gods look like computer circuits not some weird calendar - but that's just what I see ... i could be really way wrong. now y'all have a fun-filled music, magic, color, stress-free day - PEACE ON EARTH and I LOVE YOU
amyrigg

Postby Moon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:17 pm

I just put this one on my wish list. I hope to get a copy of it real soon so I can review it. Thank you all for reminding me! :D
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby doctorword » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:21 pm

yes this is on my list too but the firs tone i gotta get is chariot of the gods
doctorword

Postby Serene » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Oh shrap - no money for new books in my budget...I usually get my books from the thrift store or library sales..... :cry:
Serene

Re: calendar vs computer circuit

Postby Gemini » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:25 pm

amyrigg wrote:i think the pix on pgs 50, 62, 67, and 69 in Twilight of the Gods look like computer circuits not some weird calendar - but that's just what I see ... i could be really way wrong. now y'all have a fun-filled music, magic, color, stress-free day - PEACE ON EARTH and I LOVE YOU

I agree that they look like computer circuits. But the detailed engravings provide the calendar information.

The images on page 50 and 52 is the 'Gateway of the Sun'. The block is andesitic lava. Primitive chisels made of obsidian stone, copper or chicken bone (as has been suggested to have been used at Puma Punku), can not carve andesite or diorite. And to this precision is complete "humbug".

Paraphrasing from the book:

The Gate of the Sun is a calendar marking 12 periods of the year. It also displays the solstices and the equinoxes. Each of these 12 periods has 24 days, only the months Feb. and Apr. have 25. Each of the days has 30 hours and each of these hours has 22 minutes.

The images on pages 67 and 69 is the 'Great Idol'. It weighs around 20 tons. More than a thousand engravings are all aligned in perfect symmetry, not a 10th of a millimeter is free on either side. The illustrations on the Great Idol constitute the most phenomenal calendar imaginable, and the astronomical dates depicted on it reach back as far as 27,000 years bc..
Gemini

computer circuits

Postby amyrigg » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:44 am

mostly because the people who brought us this wonderful translation of the "calendar" were WHITE MEN (some fanatic book-burning murderous spanish priest in the 1500s "said" the mayan natives told him), and some white dudes in early 20th century ~ i have a hard time just swallowing that information whole-heartedly ...
they could be wrong

it could be schematics to computer circuits -

:wink:
amyrigg

Postby Vance » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 am

I agree the picture on 67 looks like some sort of motherboard circutry. In ancient China a creature named "Meng-ho" came from the water and it's back was filled with text or possibly the same sort of thing we see on the back of the "Great Idol" at Tiwanaku.
Vance

Re: EvD's new book - Twilight of the Gods

Postby Hitman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:29 am

The book was really good. There is no way that Puma Punku was made by human hands of that time period its just to perfect for lack of a better word. I think all these people who say the world is going to end in 2012 are completely but i do think something is going to happen and whatever that is is going to be very interesting.
Hitman

Return to Erich von Däniken