Erich von Däniken Playboy Interview - August 1974

Discuss everything Erich von Däniken related here: Chariots of the Gods, his books, appearances, etc. Have you ever met EvD in person? When? Where? Share your story/photos here!

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Erich von Däniken Playboy Interview - August 1974

Postby fotoguy » Thu May 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Just bought the magazine on am-a-zon-dot-com. Very interesting interview. They didn't hold back at all. I learned quite a bit about EvD that I didn't know before. Well worth a read! If these scans won't work for you, just let me know what you need. They're actually about twice as large as they appear here, but TinyPic shrank them. I'm uploading to another hosting site now (see at bottom).

Here are thumbs that link to the full-size pics:

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image
fotoguy

Postby MohawkGuy » Thu May 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Could you maybe add the centerfold?
MohawkGuy

Postby Beastguy » Thu May 27, 2010 8:38 pm

Bad ass pipe.
Beastguy

Postby MohawkGuy » Fri May 28, 2010 7:33 am

All these views and not one thanks?

Thanks for the effort of scanning and posting these pages. Very interesting interview!

Postby Gemini » Fri May 28, 2010 8:36 am

Thanks for posting...
Last edited by Gemini on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gemini

Postby Ally.Madison » Fri May 28, 2010 8:35 pm

Thank you! :)
Ally.Madison

Postby Rattlehead » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Thank you for posting this!

I love the Vodka ad. :)
Rattlehead

Postby Stormcrow » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Awesome blast back to my teenage years....thanx!!!
Forge of Creation - http://www.aliengods.jbsheets.com

The art of life is to go confidently, without
rushing, without faltering. To meet and
master the four natural challenges:
Fear, Clarity of Thought, Power, and the
Desire to Rest.
Stormcrow
Manna Machine Initiate

Postby Sagittarii » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:07 am

nice thread fotoguy...i never knew EVD was an ex-convict!! that's CRAZY!
Sagittarii

Postby fotoguy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:41 am

Sagittarii wrote:nice thread fotoguy...i never knew EVD was an ex-convict!! that's CRAZY!

I was surprised, too. In Ancient Aliens he talked about working at a hotel and meeting there the man who helped him get COTG published. But he sure never mentioned that he was a small-time crook. That's okay - I like him anyway.
fotoguy

Postby Stormcrow » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:44 am

Smart guy you are fotoguy. It hadn't occurred to me that you were using BBcode instead of HTML in your post. HTML doesn't work. :oops:

Good job.

-Jeff
Forge of Creation - http://www.aliengods.jbsheets.com

The art of life is to go confidently, without
rushing, without faltering. To meet and
master the four natural challenges:
Fear, Clarity of Thought, Power, and the
Desire to Rest.
Stormcrow
Manna Machine Initiate

Postby tony_latino » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:30 am

Sorry for posting on an old topic, but I just have to say a few things about EVD here.

His heart is in the right place, BUT his credibility is tarnished by a few things. Such as:

The Dropa Stones Controversy - This blaming someone for telling you a story, and they blame you BS gets me mad. The Dropa story to me was one of the most fascinating tales ever told! I was mesmerized that there was a cave somewhere with little aliens in it. I was enthralled to read about the crash landing story and the hunt for the dropa by the local villagers - only to find out not one once of it was true. Coincidentally - where the hell did the picture of the dropa stones come from? It was obviously fabricated - who took the pics and published them?

The Fact he was in prison for embezzlement and fraud charges. I do not know the full circumstances behind his arrest, conviction and sentencing. I do know that people get out of prison all the time and make a life for themselves and actually contribute to society. It is not fair for anyone to discount his views simply based on the fact he made a mistake 30 years ago.

All of the little facts that he displays that are then subsequently disproved or are uncovered as obviously never being fact-checked ticks me off. I have only read one of his books - The Chariots of the Gods. I am debating whether or not I should purchase and read any of the others for this very reason.

I will say this though about EVD - his heart is definitely in the right place and I agree 100% that Scientists discount everything that goes against what they were taught. I actually had a professor once scold a fellow classmate for questioning the theory of relativity in light of new discoveries made by Stephen Hawkins. Turns out Mr. Hawkins was right. Scientists who blindly go through life accepting everything they were taught as being 100% accurate are in for a rude awakening one day.

Well enough of a rant for now - I need sleep :)

Please comment as you wish
tony_latino

Postby Inquiring Mind » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:27 am

Von Daniken=Living legend
Inquiring Mind

Thank You

Postby Bastet » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:32 pm

Thanks for sharing this.
Bastet

Return to Erich von Däniken