Letter I wrote to von Daniken

Discuss everything Erich von Däniken related here: Chariots of the Gods, his books, appearances, etc. Have you ever met EvD in person? When? Where? Share your story/photos here!

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Letter I wrote to von Daniken

Postby OokieWonderslug » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:39 pm

I wrote a letter to von Daniken about 25 years ago about a structure in West Virginia that resembled ancient steel reinforced concrete.

Never heard anything from him.

If he ever get to my letter, tell him never mind. I forgot where the place was. He took too long. Sorry.
OokieWonderslug

Postby nathanallan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:54 pm

DOH! If I had know only a few years ago when I was in Tennessee, I would have gone to investigate it myself!

I can see this message getting to von Daniken now, and he making frantic phone calls to get the place investigated and find the letter :)

Nathan
nathanallan

Postby Giorgio Tsoukalos » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:59 pm

Not a chance. And how come there seems to be the impression that EvD only receives one letter per month?

Reality is EvD receives hundreds of letters per week, so one letter falling through the cracks was bound to happen and it has happened. No harm done!

How come you haven't tried other avenues Ookie? It's not like Erich lives on a spaceship orbiting the Earth...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
legendarytimesbooks.com
Controversial. Uncensored.

Don't Die Wondering! Crack the Code...
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." Albert Einstein
Giorgio Tsoukalos
Ancient Astronaut

Postby OokieWonderslug » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:37 pm

Well, I found the place when I was 14. My dad used to take me out in the woods hunting arrowheads every weekend until he died when I was 17. I sent the letter and forgot about it after a while.

I used to know where all kinds of odd looking formations were. But unfortunately I no longer get to travel freely in the woods.

I do know of a place in Badin, NC on Badin Lake that has a rock outcrop where one of the main rocks has a deer carved onto it. It's very faint and very, very old. There's a den hole just below the carving that may have something inside, but I'm not brave enough to see if whatever lives there is home.

There is also a cave in Pageland, SC at a place called "40 Acre Rock" that is known to "eat" small dogs. They go in, but don't come out. There are stories of some of the dogs appearing some 30 miles away weeks later. Always in a specific area. 40 Acre Rock is a huge granite rock embedded in the local sand. There shouldn't be a cave there that would go that far. The terrain doesn't suit that kind of formation.

But the formations in West Virginia are lost to the mists of time for me. I've lived here in NC for close to 20 years.
OokieWonderslug

Postby sureshsamant » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:10 am

the work erich von daniken done is terrific.
sureshsamant
Legendary Times Fan

Postby truthseeker » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:46 am

sureshsamant wrote:the work erich von daniken done is terrific.

i agree, however...we also need to have an open, inquisitive and sometimes skeptical mind.

the be all and end all of the mysteries of our past and indeed future does not lie solely with just books or EvD or anyone else.
EvD and others only give you their (threw the use of logic, study and common sense) opinions based on the evidence at hand, that power is within each and everyone of us.
we should learn from EvD's (and indeed others) investigations and apply our own sense of logic and inquisitiveness to uncover the truth.

in short, the books of EvD and many others while a fantastic source of learning should not be treated as the end of logic and reason, nor are they intended to be the pages of absolute truth
read his books but also keep your own sense of logic close at hand when reading them :wink:

btw, welcome to the forum and happy new year :D
truthseeker

Postby superwonderdoodle » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:00 pm

actually Ookie.. there were reports made in Canada that near certain cave entrances the radiation levels spiked at times that correlated to the US nuclear tests... so it is possible that caves can extend that far.. Sorry, off topic I know, and late, but I just joined and felt I should just point that out.. But still odd that even if the cave was that large, that certain dogs would find their way out of an absolute darkened cave going that far. Just imagining the structure that you would need rope and other equipment for a human seems near impossible that a dog could do it alone.. thats interesting though.
superwonderdoodle

Return to Erich von Däniken