After reading these of EVD's, what is the next best book?

Discuss everything Erich von Däniken related here: Chariots of the Gods, his books, appearances, etc. Have you ever met EvD in person? When? Where? Share your story/photos here!

Moderators: siren13, Giorgio Tsoukalos, Essence

goldenstar

After reading these of EVD's, what is the next best book?

Postby goldenstar » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:53 am

I've read Chariots of the Gods, History was Wrong, and Twighlight of the Gods and I loved all 3. Are the other books of his just as good? What would also be the best reading of all his books? I'm hungry for more and like the way he writes.

upperworld

Postby upperworld » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:02 am

I also recommend "Return to the Stars" which i believed was revised and republished in the past few years under the title "The Gods were Astronauts". I can't say much regarding the rest of his catalog as i only have read the same 3 books you have read, and the one i am mentioning here.

Check ebay for used older printings of his books. I found my copy of "Return to the Stars", the original pressing, for 49 cents on ebay, after shipping i believe i paid around 4$. I definitely support the LT Bookstore, but 49cents is hard to pass up!

Nikola

Postby Nikola » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:35 am

I strongly recommend:
"The Eye of the Sphinx"
"The Apocalypse has Already Begun"

upperworld

Postby upperworld » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:32 am

Nikola wrote:I strongly recommend:
"The Eye of the Sphinx"
"The Apocalypse has Already Begun"


Is "The Apocalypse has Already Begun" one of his deutsche bücher? I haven't seen it on any english listings?

Nikola

Postby Nikola » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:44 pm

upperworld wrote:
Nikola wrote:I strongly recommend:
"The Eye of the Sphinx"
"The Apocalypse has Already Begun"


Is "The Apocalypse has Already Begun" one of his deutsche bücher? I haven't seen it on any english listings?


It might be. I'm not sure. It's the one that begins with a short fictional post-apocalypse story: "The Saint Berlitz Stone".

upperworld

Postby upperworld » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:07 am

I can't find that book listed anywhere. I even translated all the german titles, i know the translations aren't perfect but none of them sound similar to "the apocalypse has already begun". Do you have a copy of this book? Are there any other authors besides EvD associated with it?

Nikola

Postby Nikola » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:37 am

upperworld wrote:I can't find that book listed anywhere. I even translated all the german titles, i know the translations aren't perfect but none of them sound similar to "the apocalypse has already begun". Do you have a copy of this book? Are there any other authors besides EvD associated with it?


The original title: "Der jüngste Tag hat längst begonnen (Die Messiaserwartung und die Außerirdischen)", 1995

It could also be translated like "The judgement day has already begun"

goldenstar

Postby goldenstar » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:03 am

I couldn't find it either.

upperworld

Postby upperworld » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:49 am

Nikola wrote:
upperworld wrote:I can't find that book listed anywhere. I even translated all the german titles, i know the translations aren't perfect but none of them sound similar to "the apocalypse has already begun". Do you have a copy of this book? Are there any other authors besides EvD associated with it?


The original title: "Der jüngste Tag hat längst begonnen (Die Messiaserwartung und die Außerirdischen)", 1995

It could also be translated like "The judgement day has already begun"


Yes that translation is accurate, i should know more german being german and having taken it in school for 7 years. But you know, if you don't use it, you lose it! That being said i couldn't find that book anywhere, not even on EvD's site in his bibliography:

http://www.daniken.com/e/index.html

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:44 am

Here's a few EvD books I recommend....

Signs of the Gods
The Gods and Their Grand Design
The Eyes of the Sphinx
The Arrival of the Gods - Nazca
Odyssey of the Gods - An Alien History of Ancient Greece

upperworld

Postby upperworld » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:57 am

Gemini wrote:Here's a few EvD books I recommend....

Signs of the Gods
The Gods and Their Grand Design
The Eyes of the Sphinx
The Arrival of the Gods - Nazca
Odyssey of the Gods - An Alien History of Ancient Greece


I've been meaning to read "Odyssey of the Gods". I love greek mythology and i'd love to revisit it with AAT goggles on!


Return to “Erich von Däniken”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron