To: Erich von Däniken

Discuss everything Erich von Däniken related here: Chariots of the Gods, his books, appearances, etc. Have you ever met EvD in person? When? Where? Share your story/photos here!

Moderators: siren13, Giorgio Tsoukalos, Essence

Cammi2012

To: Erich von Däniken

Postby Cammi2012 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:04 pm

I dont know if you read this forum but I have a question. Would it be possible for you to explain, knowing all that you know about the AAT, your belief in God?

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Re: To: Erich von Däniken

Postby Moon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Cammi2012 wrote:I dont know if you read this forum but I have a question. Would it be possible for you to explain, knowing all that you know about the AAT, your belief in God?

I do not know if Herr von Daniken does appear on this forum, but that is an excellent question to ask him. Maybe someone here has read a book of his where he goes into details of his personal beliefs as I don't remember any myself.

Cammi2012

Postby Cammi2012 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 am

I was watching an epi of AA and he had mentioned the fact that his god doesnt need a space ship... so then I was curious- is his belief his own (non-religion, higher power) or something else?

upperworld

Postby upperworld » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:28 am

I have heard him state in interviews that he does believe in god (as in a higher power) and i know he said he grew up a Christian.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:44 pm

In AA, he states that he is a deep believer in God, not 'gods as God'. He was raised a strict Catholic and attended a boarding school growing up.

ilacewords

Postby ilacewords » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:10 pm

I think when he made that statement about his God not needing a spaceship that it was meant as being very general. I mean if you are Christian, Muslim, Catholic or any of the major religions out there that believe that there are higher god(s), then you believe that your god(s) are all encompassing and can be anywhere at anytime and all times. Meaning they don't need a car, ship, train, vimana, or spaceship to travel around at lightning speed. They are just there in an instant due to the nature of their being. Like everyone can pray at the same time but all are heard. I think that's just the nature of the belief but not necessarily what his beliefs are.

Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Moon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:04 pm

ilacewords wrote:I think when he made that statement about his God not needing a spaceship that it was meant as being very general. I mean if you are Christian, Muslim, Catholic or any of the major religions out there that believe that there are higher god(s), then you believe that your god(s) are all encompassing and can be anywhere at anytime and all times. Meaning they don't need a car, ship, train, vimana, or spaceship to travel around at lightning speed. They are just there in an instant due to the nature of their being. Like everyone can pray at the same time but all are heard. I think that's just the nature of the belief but not necessarily what his beliefs are.

The Egyptians had an all powerful force they referred to as God in their spiritual beliefs. The Gods and Goddesses in their system symbolized that power and were avatars for it. So having a belief in an all powerful life force should not really interfere with the AAT.

ilacewords

Postby ilacewords » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:05 am

maxmercury wrote:
ilacewords wrote:I think when he made that statement about his God not needing a spaceship that it was meant as being very general. I mean if you are Christian, Muslim, Catholic or any of the major religions out there that believe that there are higher god(s), then you believe that your god(s) are all encompassing and can be anywhere at anytime and all times. Meaning they don't need a car, ship, train, vimana, or spaceship to travel around at lightning speed. They are just there in an instant due to the nature of their being. Like everyone can pray at the same time but all are heard. I think that's just the nature of the belief but not necessarily what his beliefs are.

The Egyptians had an all powerful force they referred to as God in their spiritual beliefs. The Gods and Goddesses in their system symbolized that power and were avatars for it. So having a belief in an all powerful life force should not really interfere with the AAT.

I absolutely agree with that. I did not mean to imply that it/they would interfere. I am of the belief that a lot of ancient cultures who described these beings as gods were just simply at a loss of words as to what else to call them. By all appearances they would have been gods to the people they appeared before having brought with them their much advanced technology.
If we as a species were to make it off planet and appear to a culture that were much less advanced that we were, I am of the belief that we would also appear to them and go down in their history as gods. Also I am of the opinion that anyone landing there (meaning us) would also probably be able to interpret that the natives there assumed such and would let them just carry on with that belief as to make our mission there much easier to do. If the natives are worshipping us as gods, they would be very easy to manipulate them into helping us with our ultimate goal of arriving there. Also making less likely that they would try to make any kind of war with our arrival.
So basically I think it does go hand in hand and is very easy for me to accept that assumption. I think it sounds very logical because I think it's also something we would do.

Return to “Erich von Däniken”