Are we able to carry on the great work of Erich von Daniken?

Discuss everything Erich von Däniken related here: Chariots of the Gods, his books, appearances, etc. Have you ever met EvD in person? When? Where? Share your story/photos here!

Moderators: siren13, Giorgio Tsoukalos, Essence

Agency

Are we able to carry on the great work of Erich von Daniken?

Postby Agency » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:29 am

Today I was pondering, in my own personal studies, if any one man was to be tasked carry on the momentousness of Daniken's work into the future. Then I thought. Then as usual, I thought some more without any one solution.

Instead of a man;

Why hasn't there been a whole populous movement -supporting- the findings, or to follow the work?

Heck, I'd be in on it (sbeckett2@att.net), I'd love to continue the work; as a great spark was set in me because of this!

At first, as I tried to scientifically prove it wrong, I was a man of faith but it was, more like a lamb following a rope held by a blind man.

Through what I have come to call "the path" (each man has his own towards a common) I have found more and more, that the more you read, the more you even TRY; if you go far -key point here- enough with study; you cannot deny the existence (nor the mathematical beauty) of the greater design.

Daniken's work shines as one could imagine the great pillar leading many; however-I don't think we should be so worried about 'mana' and we should be more worried about how can we be more humble this time and listen.

It is really a shame there isn't a co-ordinated consul of people dedicated to studying where he left off!

Maybe, in a way; we are that? But is there a way I can be a better follower; not a leader?

(edited insert - the previous was where I intended to ask; is there a way to be more humble, that I quest not for the advancement of my own means)

-Just some thoughts-

Let me know what you think, as free thinking is the path to enlightenment.

If you want to know one thing about me, know that without spell check, I am hopelessly lost. =) But then again; aren't we all. But is spell check what I am talking about ;) lol!

Later all!
Last edited by Agency on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sergio

Re: Are we able to carry on the great work of Erich von Dani

Postby Sergio » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:20 pm

Agency wrote:Today I was pondering, in my own personal studies, if any one man was to be tasked carry on the momentousness of Daniken's work into the future. Heck, I'd be in on it (sbeckett2@att.net), I'd love to continue the work; as a great spark was set in me because of this! But is there a way I can be a better follower; not a leader?

Hello everyone! I've been lurking around on this Forum ever since it opened a few months ago and have enjoyed the discussions tremendously! However, only now, after reading Agency's post, have I decided to sign up because Agency obviously isn't aware WHO carries on EvDs work:

It's Giorgio A. Tsoukalos, publisher of Legendary Times and Director of Research at the Center for Ancient Astronaut Research (I have been a Member since 1999)!

Simply put, in the English-speaking world, Giorgio is the "continuation" of Erich von Daniken's work. Giorgio has been at the forefront of doing exactly that not only in writing by publishing Legendary Times, but also with his numerous international TV and radio appearances - all to educate the masses about the Ancient Astronaut Theory.

Please tell me, how can you, Agency, claim that you are a "leader" in this field? I hope you were joking! :D If so, thanks for the great laugh!

I also don't understand how you can say that "it is really a shame there isn't a co-ordinated consul of people dedicated to studying where he left off!" - with all due respect Agency, but what the heck is Legendary Times??? Legendary Times IS a totally coordinated effort to keep this type of research going! Are you even aware of Legendary Times (which, by the way, is published by Giorgio Tsoukalos!)?

I think we have a great "new" leader in Giorgio - if anyone can carry the torch forward, it's him! From what I understand, he needs some help with the administrative aspects of Legendary Times, but other than that, HE'S THE ONE!

Yes, I'm a fan of The Matrix and GIO IS MY NEO!

Agency

Postby Agency » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:22 pm

This is exactly what I wanted! Now I know!

Thank you for signing up and telling me.

Now we have yet another interested member!

I did not mean to infer that I would be a leader, but asked more so how I could be more of a follower ;) This was not a joke, but a request, to become more of a follower. Most certainly I am no "Leader".

It is really a shame there isn't a co-ordinated consul of people dedicated to studying where he left off!

Maybe, in a way; we are that? But is there a way I can be a better follower; not a leader?

(edited insert - the previous was where I intended to ask; is there a way to be more humble, that I quest not for the advancement of my own means)

If I am a "Leader", where are my works, where are my books? I am nothing; and only wish to be more humble. I ask to be less of a leader, so to speak, as if to ask to be more humble. Please see this for truth.

What you mis-read is that I am most interested in a more "collective" continuation. As if almost a religion could be the describing word; like people who organize regularly in real life all across the world to work on the study. This goes beyond what any forum could accomplish.

You are a very interesting poster and I love that about you!

You are right about what you posted; I have a meager understanding.

I should look forward to more intelligent conversation with you in the future, my friend! It appears be as if you seek the same thing.

:D Later man!

BTW The Matrix is awesome. I find great interest in "The Architect".

Giorgio Tsoukalos
Ancient Astronaut

Re: Are we able to carry on the great work of Erich von Dani

Postby Giorgio Tsoukalos » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:50 am

Sergio wrote:GIO IS MY NEO!

Love that line! Thanks!
legendarytimesbooks.com
Controversial. Uncensored.

Don't Die Wondering! Crack the Code...
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." Albert Einstein

aquila

Postby aquila » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:05 pm

Well, I'm new here and absolutely loved Chariots of the Gods when it came out in theatres and book form. From where I stand, Von Daniken did what any individual w/a thirst for the ancient mysteries and discovery would do, investigate!

This takes funds, cunning, privilege and risk.

Zipping over to Wickipedia (I know, not the end-all or be-all) I wanted to glimpse what's passing as his (albeit 'pop') bio. Looks like our fellow got himself in some hot water during his search for the truth, but then, not everyone has an army or organized religion to hide behind, make excuses for, or justify one's actions. Besides, the tone of this praise made me wonder if he had passed away! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_D%C3%A4niken

Regardless, he'll always be remembered for what he drug out into the light. How wonderful to be in the right place and have opportunity to do as such.
Personally, I've always wanted the opportunity to learn several ancient languages, become an archaeologist, time travel to ancient Alexandria to scour the library, or at least sack the vatican! (Incomplete wish list)...

I should probably mention that I've never seen a copy of Legendary Times, but the subject classifications I see on this forum indicates a quest for truths, beyond politics, gov't, greed, and (hopefully) the dreaded poseur.

shuggyyadobber
Legendary Times Fan

Postby shuggyyadobber » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:23 pm

I love it when people come together :)

Bob137

Legendary Times

Postby Bob137 » Sat May 08, 2010 1:03 pm

I am not a follower, I am a leader, not in this area but follwing blindly is not my kind of life. I would love to assist in finding out more ancient alien proof, and if I ever get where I am in the position of doing such work, I would gladly share it with Legendary Times and the other magazines that delve into these subjects. I hope in the near future I will be able to do such work, I am not an archeologist or a scholar, but I am self schooled in many areas for many years. I did take some college and other quite a lot of other schooling, and done a lot of my own research and exploring, but have never put it all together just to get a degree to please the academics. I am a bit of a rebel in that area, I do however consider myself an intelligent person who enjoys good intelligent conversation. I am also self schooled in gnosticism, and have researched much in the mystical and spiritual side of life. I read through the bible all the way from beginning to end many times, and numerous other religious books including the dead sea scrolls, and the other books of the bible, and theological studies, and books from Carl Jung, Joseph Campbell, and many others, so I am well versed in many areas, but not a scholar on any one in particular. I admit I am opinionated, due to my learning, and experience in numerous areas, but I also am still open minded to others oppions, and ideas. I hope that someday our academics will be a bit more open minded as well. In the meantime I hope everyone has a great day, or evening.

capricornamy

Postby capricornamy » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:33 pm

Well, as for carring on his work, one must be open minded, and just look up into the Heavens like NASA does every day 24/7/365 ... you would be surprised what the 2 SOHO Satellites record each day ...this is just one exampleImage there are many more. Some of these ships use Wormholes near our Sun to travel the vast distances between Stars

Return to “Erich von Däniken”