Chariots of the Gods

Discuss everything Erich von Däniken related here: Chariots of the Gods, his books, appearances, etc. Have you ever met EvD in person? When? Where? Share your story/photos here!

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Chariots of the Gods

Postby wildbill » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:02 pm

I got my book in the mail today, thank you Giorgio! :lol:

Listen to this irony:

You shipped the book from San Diego. I live in Tulsa, OK. I will be headed to San Diego this coming Wednesday for an airline conference. I totally plan on bringing that book with me so I can read in the airports and on the planes. I'm not a fast reader, but with all of that time, I expect to be able to get through the book by the time I get back home on Saturday. When I do, I will be sure and get back on this topic to post my thoughts about the book.

What I expect to happen is that I will "have" to buy more books! :oops:

:P

Wild Bill 8)
wildbill

Postby Giorgio Tsoukalos » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:33 am

THANK YOU very much for your support of an independent bookstore. Make no mistake about it: with your purchase you have directly contributed to keep Legendary Times Magazine going! I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your business very much and we strive to make all of our customers happy.

Have fun in San Diego!
legendarytimesbooks.com
Controversial. Uncensored.

Don't Die Wondering! Crack the Code...
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." Albert Einstein
Giorgio Tsoukalos
Ancient Astronaut

Postby wildbill » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:02 am

Well, despite my horrible experience at returning to Tulsa this past weekend, I still managed to finish the book. I was amused at some of the things in there, like "we now have a modern miracle in color television". That just cracks me up!! :lol:

Other than the obvious outdated technology stuff, I found the book to be pretty entertaining and eye opening. Since I have finished reading the book, I have slowly started talking to a few people I know have open minds about things. What shocked me was the fact that not only did they know the book, they owned copies of it!! One of my good friends even owns some of the other books!! :shock:

Now that I am finished with this book, can you recommend a book to read that maybe gets a little more technical in nature? Obviously, being the first book he was just putting his ideas out there and then gauging the reaction. Surely there have been books that have been released since that go far deeper in the search for the truth? :?: I have looked through the catalog, but there are so many choices that I kind of get lost in the shuffle. :?

Anyways, thanks for your help! :D

Wild Bill 8)
wildbill

Re: Chariots of the Gods

Postby MaxAnomalous » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Just got my copy of Chariots and im almost finished! Im not a quick reader either but with this kind of material, subject matter, im just eating it up. I must find thread/topic about the incredible 20,000 ton rock!
MaxAnomalous

Postby siren13 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:43 am

In the process of moving (hate moving) and I found my box of "New Age and Philosophy Books" and inside was my lost copy of Chariots of the Gods. I was really happy I thought I lent it out and the person never gave it back to me. :mrgreen:

guess moving isn't always a bad thing..
siren13

Postby Theory » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:00 pm

I finally went to the library and checked out this book(to my surprise they just got it in last year!). I was waiting until I got a Nook, but that seems to be on hold for now. Anyways, I just started reading it, and I have to say when it comes to what he said in the Foward section about the critics and his mistakes...the mistakes he made don't seem to be such a big deal like his critics made it out to be. I plan on finishing it tonight, hopefully:)
Theory

Postby Moon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Theory wrote:I finally went to the library and checked out this book(to my surprise they just got it in last year!). I was waiting until I got a Nook, but that seems to be on hold for now. Anyways, I just started reading it, and I have to say when it comes to what he said in the Foward section about the critics and his mistakes...the mistakes he made don't seem to be such a big deal like his critics made it out to be. I plan on finishing it tonight, hopefully:)

That is true about the mistakes. But the debunkers use them to discredit anything Herr von Daniken has to say on the matter and that is too bad. I also like the way he does accept some of the responsibility for what happened and gives a detailed explanation in the book. I found that part of the book fascinating as it lets us read his side of the story about the events.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby lamplight » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:36 am

I'm going to read this next, now I'm reading history of new England .. slow going what with the language and all.. I read with nook or kindle app on iPad I wish legendary times had ebooks.. aren't you guys associates? maybe you could do a PDF sale of the book (s) for us digital favoring folk?
lamplight
Legendary Nerfherder

Postby Moon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:07 pm

You can try to contact Herr von Daniken or his associates about ebooks at his site:

http://www.daniken.com/e/index.html

I for one still love my old analog books! With ebooks, you are screwed if the power goes out and your battery dies. I can still read by candlelight!
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby KE5EHI » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:01 pm

I've also found that e-books are usually about the same price as regular books. I'd rather have a hard copy that I won't lose when my computer crashes. Plus I'm sure no one is going to steal it over a computer.
KE5EHI
Dogu Sculptor

Postby lamplight » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:53 am

I have solar installed here so if we lose power I'm still good :)

the ebooks are redownloadable at the venders.

it is VERY annoying that many ebooks are same price ..ridiculous!

I love physical books too but am in the addictive habit of reading before bed with lights out and wife likes that!

thanks for info ill ask..
lamplight
Legendary Nerfherder

Return to Erich von Däniken