History is Wrong

Discuss everything Erich von Däniken related here: Chariots of the Gods, his books, appearances, etc. Have you ever met EvD in person? When? Where? Share your story/photos here!

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

History is Wrong

Postby clancysmith » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi All,

Just finished the book and signed up for the forum.
Good read, and good to see Mr von Daniken getting some vindication after all those years of scorn from the academic establishment. As the I Ching said:
"perseverance furthers" .

Haven't had time to go through the forum yet, but this is the requisite 'first post' to establish that i am not a bot.

More later,
seasmith
clancysmith

Postby amnesiac » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:35 pm

YES, awesome book I have to say already, and I did not finish it yet 8)
amnesiac

Re: History is Wrong

Postby Giorgio Tsoukalos » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:10 pm

clancysmith wrote:Just finished the book and signed up for the forum.
Good read, and good to see Mr von Daniken getting some vindication after all those years of scorn from the academic establishment. As the I Ching said: "perseverance furthers". Haven't had time to go through the forum yet, but this is the requisite 'first post' to establish that i am not a bot. More later,
seasmith

Welcome to the Forum seasmith, the non-bot! Glad you enjoyed the book.
legendarytimesbooks.com
Controversial. Uncensored.

Don't Die Wondering! Crack the Code...
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." Albert Einstein
Giorgio Tsoukalos
Ancient Astronaut

Another question?

Postby Bob137 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:22 am

I wonder why it is that mainstream archeologists always conclude when they find some artifact, that is just what I call a knick knack, or a what knot, (trinkets), they are said to be some idol that the ancestors worshiped. How does anyone come to that conclusions, just because someone kept these objects around in their home? I have what knots/Knick Knacks, and I have never worhsipped a single one of them, and I doubt that anyone else ever has, except for catholics that worship statues of Mother Mary, or Jesus on the Cross, etc.. I believe that the majority of these artifacts are not idols, but just what we call them today, simply knick Knacks, and that they are made from many different peoples from many different beliefs, and that they liked having them in their homes, as many people today do, but they are not idols. Also, I believe that manuy of these artifacts such as the planes from South America, are representations of actual objects, that they had back them, or prior to, just like many of the objects I have in my home are of objects, or animals, of this era, and past eras, of what we actually have in the world, such as airplanes, jets, pictures of our galaxy, etc..
Bob137

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:08 am

Also, I believe that manuy of these artifacts such as the planes from South America, are representations of actual objects, that they had back them, or prior to, just like many of the objects I have in my home are of objects, or animals, of this era, and past eras, of what we actually have in the world, such as airplanes, jets, pictures of our galaxy, etc..
Sure, I think that too. And as far as anything that looks like an airplane, or a spaceman in a spacesuit, well something must have influenced those objects. I have odd nonesense objects in my home that aren't real creatures, just thinking of my Howdy Doody Flub-a-dud,
but the ancient paintings of spacemen, I think they were documenting what they were seeing.
Maybe it's the same thing, I don't know.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
Ace Rimmer
Ancient Astronaut

Re: Another question?

Postby fotoguy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:08 am

Bob137 wrote:I wonder why it is that mainstream archeologists always conclude when they find some artifact, that is just what I call a knick knack, or a what knot, (trinkets), they are said to be some idol that the ancestors worshiped. How does anyone come to that conclusions, just because someone kept these objects around in their home? I have what knots/Knick Knacks, and I have never worhsipped a single one of them, and I doubt that anyone else ever has, except for catholics that worship statues of Mother Mary, or Jesus on the Cross, etc.. I believe that the majority of these artifacts are not idols, but just what we call them today, simply knick Knacks, and that they are made from many different peoples from many different beliefs, and that they liked having them in their homes, as many people today do, but they are not idols. Also, I believe that manuy of these artifacts such as the planes from South America, are representations of actual objects, that they had back them, or prior to, just like many of the objects I have in my home are of objects, or animals, of this era, and past eras, of what we actually have in the world, such as airplanes, jets, pictures of our galaxy, etc..

Exactly!
fotoguy

Return to Erich von Däniken