Erich Von Daniken.

Discuss everything Erich von Däniken related here: Chariots of the Gods, his books, appearances, etc. Have you ever met EvD in person? When? Where? Share your story/photos here!

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Erich Von Daniken.

Postby Beastguy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:56 am

Has he ever been caught in a lie, or with fraudulent evidence, in regards to the ATT? I have heard this, but i didn't know if there was any truth behind it. If so, how many times has this happened?

I was just looking at the titles of a few of his books, and i was wondering how different the information is that he gives in each one. The titles are all relatively the same thing for some of them.

Chariots of the Gods?
Gods from Outer Space
The Gold of the Gods
In Search of Ancient Gods
Miracles of the Gods
Signs of the Gods
Pathways to the Gods
The Return of the Gods—Evidence of Extraterrestrial Visitations
The Arrival of the Gods—Revealing the Alien Landing Sites of Nazca
Odyssey of the Gods—An Alien History of Ancient Greece
The Gods Were Astronauts - Revised

I've never read any of them, but from the titles it seems like it could be the same book and information over and over again. :roll:
Beastguy

Postby Stormcrow » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:58 pm

Erich is always accused of something by skeptics to marginalize him and actually was accused of lying about the Tayos Gold library discussed in "The Gold of the Gods". However, as his new book "History is Wrong" describes, his guides were pretty jealous of the information and therefore, Erich was never given actual access to the site. The photos in his earlier book were given to him for publication and later he was accused of using those photos without permission. Later, there was a successful expedition (without Erich) to the site that included some well-known archaeologists and an American Astronaut in attendance.

Skeptics use "Gold of the Gods" as evidence for their skepticism, however my opinion is that it shows what can happen when you trust others to have your best interests, when there is money at stake.

Read his latest book and see for yourself. Not just for this piece of information but also because of the new pieces he puts together for the reader.
Forge of Creation - http://www.aliengods.jbsheets.com

The art of life is to go confidently, without
rushing, without faltering. To meet and
master the four natural challenges:
Fear, Clarity of Thought, Power, and the
Desire to Rest.
Stormcrow
Manna Machine Initiate

Re: Erich Von Daniken.

Postby upperworld » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Beastguy wrote:Has he ever been caught in a lie, or with fraudulent evidence, in regards to the ATT? I have heard this, but i didn't know if there was any truth behind it. If so, how many times has this happened?

I was just looking at the titles of a few of his books, and i was wondering how different the information is that he gives in each one. The titles are all relatively the same thing for some of them.

Chariots of the Gods?
Gods from Outer Space
The Gold of the Gods
In Search of Ancient Gods
Miracles of the Gods
Signs of the Gods
Pathways to the Gods
The Return of the Gods—Evidence of Extraterrestrial Visitations
The Arrival of the Gods—Revealing the Alien Landing Sites of Nazca
Odyssey of the Gods—An Alien History of Ancient Greece
The Gods Were Astronauts - Revised

I've never read any of them, but from the titles it seems like it could be the same book and information over and over again. :roll:

One thing to take into consideration is that these are all English translations of titles that were created in another language. The publishing companies job is to create a scintillating title to grab and capture the reader and once they've latched onto something successful they stick to it...example the "of the gods" phrase. They aren't all literal translations of the Swiss titles and i bet 90% of them weren't even titles by Erich himself. So read the content because afterall you can't ever judge a book by its cover (or title!).
upperworld

Postby Beastguy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Of course, ahaha.
Beastguy

Return to Erich von Däniken