Starting a Book Store

Are you looking for a service? Have a service to offer? Are you a computer expert or webdesigner? Offer your expertise here! NO spam, marketing or financial schemes, your post will be deleted immediately.

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Starting a Book Store

Postby Hinduw » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Hello. In the next year I am trying to start a used book store called something along the lines of "cheap books" or something like that. The name hasn't been decided yet. I was wondering if anyone had a bulk of books I could buy from them? Shipping will be paid for! Thanks in advanced.

Dunno if this is considered a "financial scheme" or not. If so, sorry about that LTM!
Hinduw

Re: Starting a Book Store

Postby Moon » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:13 pm

Since you are asking to buy books from members, I don't see this as falling into a scam.

Good luck on your endeavor as it will take a lot of work. I don't have any books to sell right now, but I have a few suggestions for the name:

The Bookworm

The Papyrus Store

My Paper Route

These are coming off the top of my head.
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Hinduw » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:21 pm

maxmercury wrote:Since you are asking to buy books from members, I don't see this as falling into a scam.

Good luck on your endeavor as it will take a lot of work. I don't have any books to sell right now, but I have a few suggestions for the name:

The Bookworm

The Papyrus Store

My Paper Route

These are coming off the top of my head.

Thanks. Those are good names, but I was thinking something that screams "used books". Like for example there is a store near me called "Half-Price Books". That makes you want to LEAP into that store with your wallet out just by hearing the name!
Hinduw

Postby Moon » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:47 pm

Dime Store Novel

The Cheap Paperback

Books for a Dollar

The Reading Room
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Hinduw » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:05 pm

maxmercury wrote:Dime Store Novel

The Cheap Paperback

Books for a Dollar

The Reading Room

Oh my gosh! I am so depressed ATM! I found a lovely used bookstore, one that would look like the finished product of my bookstore, and it's only 6,000 dollars!!! Damn you, fate! I need 6,000 dollars!! Grr...This is like an almighty slap in the face if there ever was one :(
Hinduw

Postby cRush » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:46 am

Half-price Books is a chain (have one here too, and they are all over from what I've been seeing).

I personally love used book stores as new age books just aren't what they used to be. I'm fascinating by rare and old books, for example pre-columbian era. Unfortunately, I don't have any books I'm willing to part with :D
cRush

Postby Hinduw » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:28 pm

cRush wrote:Half-price Books is a chain (have one here too, and they are all over from what I've been seeing).

I personally love used book stores as new age books just aren't what they used to be. I'm fascinating by rare and old books, for example pre-columbian era. Unfortunately, I don't have any books I'm willing to part with :D

Gawd I love half-price books. I have a 100 year old dog book and a 100 year old poem book..its gonna be hard to part with those!

Has anyone read Chad Oliver's Wind of Time? GREAT book....my favorite. Dunno how I am going to let that go..
Hinduw

excellent forum

Postby induplene » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:38 am

I will stay for a long time on this forum. Thank you!
<a href=http://clothingshoes4all.com>fashion shoes</a>
induplene
Legendary Times Fan

Postby Bob137 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:27 am

I have quite a few books, contact me on here about them.
The past has been misconstrued to make believe, but some can see through the veil, while others simply carry on as though the illusion is real!
Bob137
Dogu Sculptor

Postby Rattlehead » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:42 am

There's a great used book store here in my town called "Dog Eared Books". I've always liked that name.

Good luck on your venture!
Rattlehead
Legendary Times Fan

Return to Classifieds / Services