Is Comet Elenin Going to Hit Earth?

2012 is coming - and fast!!! Got any ideas, thoughts and/or opinions about 2012? Share them here on the all things 2012 speculation board!

Moderators: siren13, Essence, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Re: Is Comet Elenin Going to Hit Earth?

Postby cesarnc » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:51 am

A big deal about the "20 times Earth's mass" to come to the conclusion that it will mean nothing LOL...

Well, thanks to the inverse of the squared distance! :lol:
cesarnc

Postby seeker1117 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:12 am

Here's the latest "news" from Wilcock (& Benjamin Fullford...fwiw). Settle in w/beverage of choice...it's quite the read/ride!

http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/975-undergroundbases

If this is to be believed, things are about to get very.......different....
seeker1117

Postby cesarnc » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:45 am

seeker1117 wrote:Here's the latest "news" from Wilcock (& Benjamin Fullford...fwiw). Settle in w/beverage of choice...it's quite the read/ride!

http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/975-undergroundbases

If this is to be believed, things are about to get very.......different....

Nice....

I made a PDF out of it to read on the tablet. I can't read long stuff on the internet without recurring to painkillers for my back :?

I made it available here(.pdf not allowed here in the forum):

https://rapidshare.com/files/3617373704 ... ULFORD.pdf
cesarnc

Postby Foxlike Mulder » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:07 pm

I have a hard time believing nuclear explosions caused the two earthquakes. Whereas I do think it's a strange coincidence that you have two EQs in one day in places you rarely get them (and 5+ to boot), to think they were nuclear attacks, well, it's just really a big stretch. One of the pieces of "evidence" is the seismic signature of the event in DC. These nuclear bomb theorists are saying the seismic output has a large shake (or P wave) first, then everything dies down. That's not how it happened as I was there. It was a slow build to a massive shaking for 15 seconds or so. It was not a big shake first, then a subsiding shake. So, I don't know how much of this is really true or not true, but I don't believe their interpretation of the quake's seismic readings, or whether their seismic graphical representation is really the DC event. I will say it's also rare to have a shallow EQ, or one close to the surface...and both were less than 3 miles deep, so go figure.
Foxlike Mulder

Postby Bob137 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:49 pm

This is all very interesting indeed. If true, we shall see, if not we shall see, whichever we shall see. "We decide which is right, and which is an illusion" Moody Blues
Bob137

Postby seeker1117 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:57 pm

To which any old Moody Blues fan worth his salt would reply:

"There ya go, man!
Keep as cool as ya can.
Face piles of trials with smiles!
It riles them to believe
That you perceive
The Web They Weave.
and keep on thinkin' free!"
seeker1117

Postby Foxlike Mulder » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Bob137 wrote:
> This is all very interesting indeed. If true, we shall see, if not we shall
> see, whichever we shall see. "We decide which is right, and which is
> an illusion" Moody Blues

And:

Why do we never get an answer
When we're knocking at the door?
With a thousand million questions
About hate and death and war.

Justin Hayward
Foxlike Mulder

Postby Bob137 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Why do we never get an answer
When we're knocking at the door?
With a thousand million questions
About hate and death and war.

To some possible answers to these questions efer back to the site Cesarnc posted from Wilcox1
Bob137

Postby cesarnc » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:48 am

Yesteday I went though the David's interview. Really astonishing thing.

When I read these kind of things, I don't care about believing of not on the information itself, but I look for cracks in the story, things that would have been impossible, things I know happed otherwise, so forth. But I still haven't put too much thought on the informations, there is a lot of them actually.

Just one thing really got my attention as a possible weakness in this story: The fact that it's not made public by the media, because according to Fulford, all the media in the world is controlled by 5 groups, so making it impossible to be made it public.

It's not that I don't believe it's possible, it's just that we live in a world of information, smartphones, tabloids and all. It's just very strange.

There is a lot of information Fulford says are public and a lot that are impossible to verify, like the meeting of 57 countries off Monaco. The seismic readings of Japan and US earthquakes are strange indeed, but there is no way to retrieve a nuclear signature from a seismograph.

On the other hand, both Fulford and David claim to have inside sources. This is one thing I strongly believe: if there is something big going on at the backstage, eventually there will be whistleblowers. It's just impossible, in my opinion, to make thousands, tens of thousands or millions of people to keep secret.

The bright side is that, if everything Fulford said is true, we will have busy months ahead :D
cesarnc

Postby Foxlike Mulder » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:07 am

I have been corresponding with a guy who has been on Coast to Coast and has an advanced physics degree (PhD) from Arizona State. I don't think I can post his URL right now due to some site restrictions here, but his website is definitely worth checking out. Google Barry Warmkessel and it'll be easy to find. He has done a ton of research and has many papers on the subject of meteors/comets/asteroids. He also incorporates the ET component and inlcudes information from selected crop circles. He draws from many sources to present some eye-opening conclusions. By the way, he doesn't think Elenin is a threat per se, but doesn't know if there are any associated threats behind/beside it.
Foxlike Mulder

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:25 am

I have become..... comfortably numb.
Ace Rimmer
Ancient Astronaut

Postby isitmeorwhat? » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:50 am

Crank up Pink Floyd,blast G-Force through your 1080p flatscreen, and let er hit! :D
isitmeorwhat?

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:44 am

Pink Floyd and The Moody Blues, I had many a great moments listening to this music in my misspent youth!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
Ace Rimmer
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Bob137 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:53 am

Have you ever been tot he dark side of the moon? Have you ever seen something out of the corner of your eye, when you were a kid, but couldn't quite catch what it was? Have you ever had a fever so bad, that your hands felt like two balloons? I answered yes to all of those. Of course the other side of the moon was a drug trip, that I should not have gone on. Maybe these things of part of why I am still crazy after all of these years! :lol:
Bob137

Postby isitmeorwhat? » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:30 pm

:D Hey don't knock it on heaven's door! . You are and we all are who we are and personaly I wouldn't want it any other way really. After all think of it. the descisions you made in the past neither if they seemed good or bad, now or at the moment. You wound up alive today and are on this on this message board." Hey you were spose to do what you did yesterday to make the world exist today good or bad".) No matter what the hell they tell you. You have made everyone around you their day on earth possible also. Oh by the way I have seen over 250 maybe 300 concerts. I am sure you have a pretty good idea of what band most of them were :lol:
"Small wheel turn by the fire and rod."
"Big wheel turn by the Grace of God."
"Every time that wheel goes round."
"Bound to cover just a little more ground!"-
Jerry Garcia
isitmeorwhat?

Postby Foxlike Mulder » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Sure glad today was uneventful...lots of talk about things being otherwise. Don't know if we dodged a bullet or whether it's just a bunch of internet fable...either way, I feel better. Speaking of music, one of my all-time favorites "retired" this week...REM....known for "It's the End of the World As We Know It, and I Feel Fine." Irony in there someplace?
Foxlike Mulder

Postby cesarnc » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:44 am

Alignment yesterday with no big earthquake, but I got a nasty amigdalitis with high fever, it MUST have something to do with Elenin :lol:
cesarnc

Postby Bob137 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:23 am

I got a pain in my neck just under my ear yesterday, thanks to Elenin? :lol:
Bob137

Postby isitmeorwhat? » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:21 am

:x I got an 500 hospital copay a 200 increase in my homeowners insurance policy In the mail yesterday. The washing machine took a dump. Plus there's a leak in the roof I found on the brand new roof I put on last summer, and I can't figure out where it's leaking at! You mean Elenin was sposed to hit yesterday and didn't? Darn why do all the good comets always miss us? When is the next comet due? :o
isitmeorwhat?

Postby Pons Asinorum » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:10 pm

From a previous comment in this thread I mentioned I would try to calculate the length of the orbit from the point where Elenin is the closest to the Earth, to the point where it is closest to the Sun (perihelion).

Not easy for me, but used three different methods (labels are in parenthesis): rate-time-formula (NASA), estimation via vector displacement additions (Estimate), and an integral of a parametrized curve formula (Integral). Results are summed in this table and explanations follow below that:

Comparisons of Length of Curve:
0.483321 au, or 72,303,840 km or 44,927,523 miles :--> NASA
0.457575 au, or 68,452,241 km, or 42,534,251 miles :--> Estimation
0.469825 au, or 70,284,843 km, or 43,672,976 miles :--> Integral

Comparisons of Velocity of Elenin:
23.91 km/s, or 86,076 kph, or 53,485 mph :--> NASA
22.64 km/s, or 81,491 kph, or 50,636 mph :--> Estimation
23.24 km/s, or 83,672 kph, or 51,992 mph :--> Integral

1) Rate-time-formula (NASA)

Used NASA's data of Elenin's velocity and multiplied it by the time it takes Elenin to travel from closest Earth distance to perihelion.

09/11/2011 until 10/16/2011 = 35 days = 840 hr = 3,020,000 s

On 09/11/2011, Elenin's speed was 23.9090712072502 km/s.

so: 23.91 X 3,020,000 = 72,303,840 km

(A little bit inaccurate because Elenin's speed varies as it moves, but should be fairly close.)

2) Estimation via vector displacement additions (Estimate)

In short, used the True Anomaly Formula for an Hyperbolic Orbit to determine the radius from the Sun to Elenin starting at closest Earth distance, then a second radius was constructed using a slightly reduced angle (Δθ).

This gave radii or vectors which could then be subtracted from each other. This yielded a small line segment along the curve of the orbit (vector subtraction).

Adding all of these line segments up yielded a length and (subsequently) velocity of: 68,452,241 km and 22.64 km/s, respectively.

(Line segments cannot precisely match a curve, but the smaller Δθ, the greater the accuracy. A Δθ value of 0.001 of a degree was used.)

3) Integral of a parametrized curve formula (Integral)

From calculus: an integral of a parametrized curve yields the length of that curve (in essence, the Δθ value becomes infinitesimally small).

--

NOTE: when the file upload feature works, I will upload the excel data sheets that have the formula's, sources and data on them. Until then, here are the three principle sources I used:

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=elenin;orb=1;cov=0;log=0;cad=0#phys_par
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbola
http://integrals.wolfram.com/index.jsp

EDIT: 11/14/11 -- Guess the "danger" has passed :lol:but FWIW, I added the my work via photobucket.
Pons Asinorum

Postby cesarnc » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:44 am

Well, turns out, NASA was right and the 13,000 doomsday blogs on the internet were wrong :lol:

Actually, the 13,000 wrongs guys now say "the problem never was Elenin, but what it's coming right behind it" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess the planet lived to die another day....
cesarnc

Postby O-D » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:17 am

cesarnc wrote:Well, turns out, NASA was right and the 13,000 doomsday blogs on the internet were wrong :lol:

Actually, the 13,000 wrongs guys now say "the problem never was Elenin, but what it's coming right behind it" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess the planet lived to die another day....

That would make a good movie title...
O-D

Postby Sunrisepony » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:42 am

I read this one thing recently it said that Elenin was / is actually a mother ship. I wasn't sure wither to believe it or fall off my chair laughing. I never feared it getting to close though, because really if the world was going to end now or soon. I'd know about it.
Sunrisepony

Postby cesarnc » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Surisepony wrote:I read this one thing recently it said that Elenin was / is actually a mother ship. I wasn't sure wither to believe it or fall off my chair laughing. I never feared it getting to close though, because really if the world was going to end now or soon. I'd know about it.

It could be a turism mothership, why not?

"now we're approaching the Blue Planet, yeah, the people who are still sucking up black sh%$%#t from underground and setting on fire to get energy..."

<<LAUGHS ALL AROUND>>

"Next step, Venus, now THAT'S what greenhouse effect is all about...."
cesarnc

Postby Sunrisepony » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:30 pm

It's possible it is a mother ship, who knows at this point right? I just questioned the validity of the article because a lot of what was written in the article was really very hard to swallow. And, really didn't make any logical sense at all.
Sunrisepony

Postby Bob137 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:59 pm

"now we're approaching the Blue Planet, yeah, the people who are still sucking up black sh%$%#t from underground and setting on fire to get energy..."

<<LAUGHS ALL AROUND>>

Now, I want everyone to pay attention. This is the Solar System of the Stupid Stinky Monkey People. They are like a virus, they consume more than they give, and take whatever they want without ever giving hardly anything back, and they are the greatest predator on the Blue Planet. They are trying to get off the planet with Stupid rockets, and aren't smart enough to figure out how to harness the natural energy of the universe, so they will probably never ever be able to actually have real space travel. "Thanks the Gods for that one". <<Laughs all around>>!
Bob137

Postby Gea » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Bob137 wrote:

<<LAUGHS ALL AROUND>>

Now, I want everyone to pay attention. This is the Solar System of the Stupid Stinky Monkey People. They are like a virus, they consume more than they give, and take whatever they want without ever giving hardly anything back, and they are the greatest predator on the Blue Planet. They are trying to get off the planet with Stupid rockets, and aren't smart enough to figure out how to harness the natural energy of the universe, so they will probably never ever be able to actually have real space travel. "Thanks the Gods for that one". <<Laughs all around>>!

To bad you arent smart enough to figure out that its not about harnessing energy(s) of the universe, but releasing.....

space is the real illusion not traveling

and for that you will never be free....

"Thanks the Gods for that one"

P.S. What have you given back lately?

"25 Years A Mason"
Gea

Postby Bob137 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:50 pm

"Space is the real illusion."
I think that everything material is the illusion, not just space. The material reality is not reality at all, but just consciousness organized by energy to form a realistic material unvierse. The comments of aliens about earthlings were a joke, sorry if you didn't get the dry humor.
What have i given back, over 22 years military service, injuries from service, I also help get alcoholics and drug addicts sober and off the streets, borth males and females! I ahve studied Spriritualism, Gnosticism, Rosicrucian, alchemy, along with ancient civilizations, and numerous other topics, and most all religions, and numerous native beliefs, and ways of Shamans, etc....I do not have to belong to an organization to be complete or knowledgeable, or follow someone else's path to give back, or become a better human being.
Bob137

Postby Gea » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:10 pm

One last question...

Who was the 22 years of service for, you or the military?

so what have you really given back...

just the illusion...

Instead of studying all of that other stuff you should really brush up on the differences between savings and investment...

I hope you get my wet humor :P

"25 Years A Mason"
Gea

Postby Moon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Gea, there is a fine line between being sarcastic and just being mean. Please refrain from personal comments about members service to their country or their intelligence. This is a forum for all of us who want to learn more and open our minds to other ideas. No one person is right or wrong and we must respect their right to post their ideas. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or any of the moderators or administrators. This is a friendly reminder, the next time it will be a warning.

Lloyd

I'll just add to Max's post, I concur. This is a friendly, good humored message board, personal attacks on fellow members are frowned on big time. We don't all agree and have varied opinions, but we do agree on how people should be treated. There is never a reason or excuse for personal slights directed at fellow members.

Metaluna
Moon
Ancient Astronaut

Postby seeker1117 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:03 am

Thanks for that, you two.

I was going to say that I thought Bob's "addition" to the imagined space-tourist guide spiel of cesar's post was a hoot, and was about to add some more "dialog" from one of the "tourists" (along the lines of "Indeed! Thank goodness we've kept them under quarantine for this long!")when I had to go attend to something quickly, and forgot to come back and actually post it.

Possibly, Gea, you mis-interpreted what was going on there?

Nothing wrong with some well-intentioned humor.

We're all Stupid Stinky Monkey People on this bus!
Last edited by seeker1117 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
seeker1117

Postby Sunrisepony » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:36 am

I agree, I was laughing so hard when I read Bob's post after reading CeasarNC's that I literally almost choked on my iced tea. My dog came into check on me I was coughing to much after laughing. Specially having worked as a Trail Guide in Hollywood I found their two Commentary Post extremely funny. We're all obviously adults here and far mature enough to be able to show eachother respect and conduct our responses and selves without throwing personal attacks.
Sunrisepony

Postby seeker1117 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:43 am

Yeah...also wanted to add:

For those who believe that the planets and stars yank our chains, we are at the beginning of a long Mercury Retrograde...it ain't over til Jan 1. One of the hallmarks of Mercury Retrograde is miscommunication. Also, this is when "stuff" breaks...computer, car, washing machine...good time to finish that novel, tho'....

Here's a webpage I use for all things Mercury Retrograde: http://www.astroprofile.com/2011mercuryrx.htm

(ProTip: you can access the calendar for next year by replacing 2011 with 2012 in the above URL.)

Just noticed that I no longer decorate stupas...I now sculpt dogus! Here, li'l dogu...
seeker1117

Postby cesarnc » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:13 pm

for some reason, Elenin created a big buzz around the internet. During the last 2 or 3 months 2 comets and one asteroid came much closer to Earth than Elenin, without the same fanfarre.

Mothership or not, Elenin was a non-event, just like NASA said it would be. For that reason, Comet Elenin deserves to become the laughingstock of the Solar System :lol:
cesarnc

Postby Bob137 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Change name suggestion to comet Elenone!
Bob137

PreviousNext

Return to The All Things 2012 Speculation Board