Just finished reading "The Return of the Gods"

Discuss everything Erich von Däniken related here: Chariots of the Gods, his books, appearances, etc. Have you ever met EvD in person? When? Where? Share your story/photos here!

Moderators: siren13, Giorgio Tsoukalos, Essence

oRACLe

Just finished reading "The Return of the Gods"

Postby oRACLe » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:26 pm

The description of this book can be found here: http://www.legendarytimesbooks.com/product.php?productid=4&cat=0&page=1
(note added by moderator)

Good book. I feel both Von Daniken and Sitchin over embellish what they see. I would say 60% of the time they are on the money and opening peoples eyes. The other 40 is nothing but ancient folklore. Still the fact that they look into these things is a sign of vigilance. They stay fast and try to show us what could quite possibly of happened.

I mean lets think about this. The Sumerians Hindus Christians/Catholics Islamic and almost ever religion contains the following

The gods created man like them. at one point the children of gods took wives of human females. They bore children. they multiplied. God got annoyed. He looked for pure gene that they created (moses gilgamesh ) and washed the world out.

Adam and eves story of creation and the sumerian tales are also strange. The goddess in the sumerian tales created man and woman from the water of life. Depicted as a bucket of water. Also the goddess is depicted with the intertwined snakes surrounding the shrine. Which as sitchin and i agree look like DNA.

So lets look at this again. They came for some reason or another to genetically manipulate us for some end. At some point some of them disobeyed the others. There was a battle. As depicted beautifully in the hindu tales. So from the sumerian times to the hindu age is when this must have happend. In the hindu tales the good gods or the creation gods defeated the evil asura, the asura are the disobeyers, quite possibly the nephilim in the bible and also the fabled atlantians.

Afterward they gently, over time and as we matured, quietly manipulated us to whatever end. Now the gods after this time (Sumerian - through the end of the jewish torah or the old testament) were not judgemental. They were not the living gods of old. They were not present every day but despite that flaming sheilds and chariots of fire were seen in the skys. No longer instructing and despensing wisdom. It seems as though at a certain point they let us go. Apparantly to watch and learn. They have been around for awhile. I personally feel there is nothing to fear.

On that note in the present day and age. With the message of the ancient gods lost (which was essentially "be decent to one another") and religions more interested in dogma than message. With the present thought pattern of the people and the militaristic nature of humans i feel contact is even more hazardous now. People will not think "look the gods" people will think invaders. If the goverment is truely aware (i personally think they completely do and have self built craft thats another story) than they arent going to let anyone know. 1st off - they have the advantage of first knowledge of exotic technology, secondly the patents on this technology would be a goldmine. 3rd there is always the panic factor. 4. they no longer seem in control.

So give me some thoughts people.

truthseeker

Postby truthseeker » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:52 am

i wish i could share that optimistic view.i personally wouldn't believe anyone in government if they told me water is wet!

i do believe we have been visited by aliens but what interests me the most is all the knowledge that has been lost and destroyed by not only the ravages of time but also short sighted people such as the conquistadors and the romans.

truthseeker

Postby truthseeker » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:18 am

i like many would view anyone with sceptacism who claimed to have met or been abducted by aliens and i hope erich hasn't been writing books solely for the sake of money!

i do believe that life is not restricted to our planet alone but not to sure about modern ET sightings, i think 90% of abduction story's and UFO sighting are made up BS. there are however a good portion of story's out there that just cannot be explained, that leaves just enough room for the imagination to do a little work.

i also STRONGLY believe that we are being lied to by our leaders (and viewed by them as nothing more than cattle) and i have no doubt that history has been chopped and shaped like a chicken breast into chicken mcnuggets...
its been neatly packaged and sold to us like a TV dinner!!

things don't add up and yet we given bald faced lies to swallow.

truthseeker

Postby truthseeker » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:02 pm

i agree, it is fun and someone who is self taught (have to class myself as self taught because i never payed attention to my mum who always said education is priceless and did not bother to learn anything at school) i hope i will learn allot more now we have a forum for like minded people :D

truthseeker

Postby truthseeker » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:17 pm

thanks, and i hope more will join us :wink:

Giorgio Tsoukalos
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Giorgio Tsoukalos » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:31 pm

That is one COOL avatar truthseeker!!! I'm positive more people will join us once I send everyone the announcement that this Forum/Blog is actually up and running. Right now, we're still testing everything, adding various discussion topics etc.

I find it incredible that without even one announcement we already have dozens of participants! This proves to me that there ARE many, many people out there who ARE interested in the topics we cover at Legendary Times. And this will be the spot where everyone with similar interests, thoughts and ideas can post and discuss with people from around the world. Tell your friends about this! The major announcement will come soon.
legendarytimesbooks.com
Controversial. Uncensored.

Don't Die Wondering! Crack the Code...
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." Albert Einstein

Giorgio Tsoukalos
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Giorgio Tsoukalos » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:24 pm

In case some of you don't have EvD's book, The Return of the Gods, and you wish to read this book in order to more actively participate in this cool discussion, we carry this book at Legendary Times Books. See you there and happy browsing!
legendarytimesbooks.com

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." Albert Einstein

slavko.sk

Postby slavko.sk » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:28 pm

Hi Giorgio,
I already read all Daeniken books which were translated to Slovak or Czech languages (12 books). Now I'm looking for the rest in English. Unfortunately my German is not so good to read the books. And yes, I will summarize what I'm missing and already look for some from Legendary Times Books. Thanks for that also. Just the shipping to my country (Slovakia) is quite expensive so I have to do a list and order more books at once.
Sorry for a little off topic.

truthseeker

Postby truthseeker » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:05 am

Giorgio Tsoukalos wrote:That is one COOL avatar truthseeker!!!

efxaristo file mou (that means "thank you my friend" in greek :P ) its a standard avatar which can be found in the avatar package in everyones profile...

just incase anyones wondering :D

Giorgio Tsoukalos
Ancient Astronaut

Postby Giorgio Tsoukalos » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:05 am

tipota, tipota, oreo to avatar sou! :-):-):-):-):-)
legendarytimesbooks.com

Patrick Von Steiner

Postby Patrick Von Steiner » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:12 am

My humble opinion is that they keep teaching us but we must listen carefully. There are people fully invested in erasing anything alien related, the Academy. Our "gods" must be subtle and discrete as the Academy has gathered alien weapons for years, even centuries.
As for EvD books sadly in Spain we can hardly find them at second hand stores, the next best thing are JJ Benítez books, which are constant best sellers.

nathanallan

Postby nathanallan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:13 am

Patrick Von Steiner wrote:My humble opinion is that they keep teaching us but we must listen carefully. There are people fully invested in erasing anything alien related, the Academy. Our "gods" must be subtle and discrete as the Academy has gathered alien weapons for years, even centuries.
As for EvD books sadly in Spain we can hardly find them at second hand stores, the next best thing are JJ Benítez books, which are constant best sellers.

I don't know... Why haven't they taken as active a role as they did when all the major events happened (floods, wars)? It's like they either stopped doing things for an unknown reason (like it wasn't convenient or they were done with whatever they were doing) or they were stopped by someone else. Looking at the tales, it seemed that they were stopped and someone else stepped in and took a more behind-the-scenes role. Too many questions go along with this point...

Yes, there are people who would totally erase all the research and questions about it. Which I find not so smart. Truth is truth regardless of the taste it leaves in your mouth.

-Nathan

nathanallan

Postby nathanallan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:58 pm

Maybe we are just not interesting enough as a less developed species.

Yes! This is a good point about the idea of Earth being a wildlife preserve. We're not interesting enough, or have nothing to offer, or a host of other things, so they just left us here.

Nathan
Last edited by nathanallan on Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ninhoersag

Postby Ninhoersag » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:45 pm

Gaby,
there is a big difference in animals killing each other and people killing each other.
animals usually don't kill each other for power, they kill other species for food
this is how nature works and was created
animals wouldn't kill someone of their own species
people also kill other species for food and sometimes are killed by other species for food, so this is to keep the food-chain running!
this is something nobody can change because nature works like that
if people and animals all became vegetarians, nature would get confused !

the trouble with people is that they kill each other for power or out of revenge
as far as i know this killing began when "homo sapiens sapiens"came in
the picture
we could ask the following questions:
did the annunaki made some mistakes by crossing our genes with theirs?
was this killing instinct a part of the annunaki genes only?
was homo sapiens and homo erectus already a killer?
as far as i have read books about prehistory there were no wars, people hunted animals only for food and were living in peace

truthseeker

Postby truthseeker » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:54 am

allot of research research has been done into the area of the human brain with regards to serial killers and they have found that they're frontal lobe doesn't work the same way as the average persons. we (normals) have a mental barrier we will not cross with regards to harming others, were as "killers" don't have this mental line due to abnormalities within the frontal lobe.

so as far as people killing people it could be something as simple as a brain disorder :wink:

someone in this thread also asked if people will someday be able to live without warring with one another, well that will only happen when people are educated in a better way. this will not happen so long as people suffer the idiots that WE supposedly have put in power.

we have it drummed in us that the majority cannot influence our own lives and people are gullible enough to believe whatever is spoon fed to us by our own elected governments.

we need to say to all officials in power, enough is enough! you will do whats best for us not whats best for you and your pocket!

Ninhoersag

Postby Ninhoersag » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:09 am

A brain disorder can be the cause for a killing-instinct, but dont forget the feelings of revenge and the search for power people have.
People with normal/healthy braines can change in killers when they come in dangerous situations. For exemple: when in a war situation your father is killed by your neighbour you will have a strong wish to kill your neighbour!
This is the main cause that war keeps going on, f.e. the Palestins and Isrealites. The killings have to stop for minimal one generation to wipe out the revenge-feelings in families, and then maybe this war can end.

Of course are the ones that begin wars often people who want to have more power and most of the time they have the power to recrute an army.
Do you think they have a brain disorder too? (Hitler, Napoleon, Julius Ceasar)
I dont think so. This is how man are created. It is only the question, are we become like this by evolution or by dna-mixtures with ET's?
I am also curious to know when the Fall took place. From when do we have records of wars in history? The oldest records I know of are the Indian Vedas but they describe the wars of the gods, not from men !

truthseeker

Postby truthseeker » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:19 am

hmmm...as far as ET not contacting us goes it could be due to any one of a multitude of reasons such as the galaxy's are moving away from each other at tremendous speeds and they may now be out of rang. maybe a natural catastrophe or war with other ET's or even some kind of plague has stopped them from there excursions to earth (or other planets for that matter), they could still be in contact with us but only with certain agencies of our governments or as others have said, maybe they just got sick of all our fighting, maybe they just got bored fat and lazy!

take your pick from the above and feel free to add your own reasons :lol:

the only way (at this point in time) we will find out the truth as to their existence is to keep looking and trying to solve the puzzle that is ancient history.

Ninhoersag

Postby Ninhoersag » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:08 am

Gaby, sorry for not reading your message and giving a misplaced reply.
I think it was due to quick reading and writing and a lack of concentration.
I will try to better my life.

But now your question: Maybe they consider the project Earth as finished!
Why would they have to intervene on earth?
We are acting just like them, fighting eachother, making war and peace, trying to improve ourselves, obtain power etc.
What was their initial purpose to intervene on earth? I thought they needed workers to help them exploit the mineral resources of the earth. As they ar finished with that there is no need for them to come back.

Eyajwhynsos

Postby Eyajwhynsos » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:36 pm

...let me throw a little thought out there, when you play a game say like halo or my favorite pikmin and you finish or get tired of playing it you generally take a break. Granted this analogy has flaws, but if we are no more then say a game or an experience currently in the off phase or just finished phase it wouldn't be a matter of why they aren't contacting us because as someone mentioned we aren't "interesting enough" but simply that the controller is taking a celestial bathroom break, or grabbing a quick cosmic snack, in other words resting up for another go at it...

Just a thought,

...and heres another, perhaps the reason the gov't doesn't tell us what they know is because they know it is but a game, imagine the govt telling us that, ET creates genetically altered humans "the better to serve them type" so that they could play god, when they were tired or are temporarily finished maintain a low but cautious observational mode to make sure their "characters" don't become too advanced only to recreate a new batch of upgraded "characters" after they purged the system of the old characters, till the next go round.

Eyajwhynsos

...I'm not all gloomy lol :)

superwonderdoodle

Postby superwonderdoodle » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:13 pm

Well, what about a new theory thrown into the mix here. How many movies show humans being friendly with aliens? I can only think of maybe a handful, whereas there are hundreds that have humans killing aliens. What if we are being conditioned to be so deathly scared that if an alien shows up, no one is going ot even think of the possibility that they want to teach us only take us over cause that is what our minds have been conditioned with for years..

Also, another possibility. If aliens did genetically modify us. What if they made us so that we are a warring race? They live out there in space and live in peace and harmony, where as they made us like their warring class that sits and breeds and is self sufficient. Then if they ever get into a really big war, well they will sit back in their thrones like the Caesars of long ago and watch us wage war for them. Of course it will be politically controlled so that we think we are doing it for ourselves.. but still I can really see this one as a possibility.. Just a thought though..

upperworld

Postby upperworld » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:57 pm

The concept of being preconditioned to react in a hostile manner is definitely plausible to me. Was not Colombus settling on the shores of America akin to a space fleet landing in the midwest. The native americans watched us come on huge ships with fire weapons (cannons, rifles), strange body armor/outfits (boots, hats, jackets), and with shiny metallic objects abound (swords, silverware, etc.). However fear is learned in many social situations and the native americans opened their arms to us, only to be wiped out once we learned of their ways and their usefulness ran out.

Through our experience we have been conditioned to react quite the opposite. If a strange group of people pulled into your drive way and began walking across your lawn you might not be such gracious hosts...at least not without asking a few serious questions...and we're talking about humans! Should extra terrestrials show up on our door step i think that preconditioned fear, hostility and survival instinct would kick in before anything else in the majority of the population.

Hawklady

Postby Hawklady » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:42 am

In the last chapter "The Great Deception" EvD talks about Rudolf Gantenbrink who developed a mini robot which traversed one of the unexplored shafts in the Great Pyramid. The robot encountered a blockage in the shaft. A "door" with two metal handles.

The DAI (German Archaeological Institute) would like to explore this shaft but has been denied permission by the Egyptian government. This was as of 1997 when EvD's book was published.

Does anyone know if that passage has now been opened or if anyone is still trying to obtain permission to explore it?

If Enoch's books are in there, as EvD suggests, that would be an UBER find!

capricornamy

Postby capricornamy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Giorgio Tsoukalos wrote:That is one COOL avatar truthseeker!!! I'm positive more people will join us once I send everyone the announcement that this Forum/Blog is actually up and running. Right now, we're still testing everything, adding various discussion topics etc.

I find it incredible that without even one announcement we already have dozens of participants! This proves to me that there ARE many, many people out there who ARE interested in the topics we cover at Legendary Times. And this will be the spot where everyone with similar interests, thoughts and ideas can post and discuss with people from around the world. Tell your friends about this! The major announcement will come soon.
I would also like to thank you for this great forum ... This post dates from 2007, and here we are in 2011, and its still going strong!

Long Life and Peace.

Return to “Erich von Däniken”